Nancy Wilson’s solo album You and Me includes cover of Pearl Jam's Daughter

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

Nancy Wilson’s first-ever solo album to feature Eddie Van Halen tribute, Sammy Hagar and Duff McKagan guest spots

By Richard Bienstock 

You and Me, with Pearl Jam, Simon & Garfunkel and Cranberries covers, is due out May 7

Heart electric and acoustic guitar icon Nancy Wilson will release her first-ever solo album, You and Me, on May 7 via her new label, Carry On Music.

In addition to eight originals, the effort also features covers of Pearl Jam’s Daughter, Simon & Garfunkel’s The Boxer (with Sammy Hagar) and the Cranberries’ Dreams (with Wilson’s Roadcase Royale bandmate Liv Warfield), along with her previously-released take on Bruce Springsteen’s The Rising.

You and Me was recorded primarily in Wilson’s California home studio, working with band members and  guests remotely.

“Being off the road last year from touring with Heart, and at home with my good guitars and amps out, I felt like I was once again able to reconnect with my pre-Heart self, my college-girl self, creating poetic, intimate and romantic songs, which pretty much is what I first brought in to Heart,” she said.

Comments