Options

Nobody's Fault But Mine

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Good God.
Listening to this song on the way home from work, feeling liberated because it was Friday, this song jsut prooves how fucking awesome Led Zeppelin are.

what a badass rock song.
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    "N-n-n-n-n-n-n-noooobody's fault!"
    Who doesn't love that song? Always puts me in a good mood.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    great song. refer to the LZ DVD it has a cracker of a version.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Good God.
    Listening to this song on the way home from work, feeling liberated because it was Friday, this song jsut prooves how fucking awesome Led Zeppelin are.

what a badass rock song.
    Could be said about all of their songs!!! :D A truly timeless band!!!
    Led Zep used to be my Pearl Jam :)
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The Page/Plant version of this from the 90's is incredible.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    it's ok.
  • Options
    Tea for One is my favorite song on that album....it's dark, but it's good.
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,910
    The rhythm section on that album is amazing. The harmonica part and the guitar solo part of Nobody's Fault are both "body shaking". Achilles Last Stand is amazing, and that solo is a pinnacle point in guitar rock. Was listed as one of Mike McCready's top-10 favorite guitar solos. The live version of "For your life" at the O2 last December 10th was stellar, better than studio. Go and get yourself one of the zillions of Videos or audio boots floating around of that. And Tea for One is so underrated. Listen to Page's solo. So appropriate and thought out. Amazing they recorded it while Plant was stuck in a wheelchair the whole time. Still recovering from that near fatal car crash.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i love this song. when i first started listening to Zep, this song immediately struck me as a stand out. still does.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    Thanks for the memory jog. Just downloaded it :D!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    So PJ just released a shit ton of official boots on streaming platforms n such. Had to research any info about them covering this track. This thread happens to be stop number 1.  Mike does the intro riff of “Nobody’s Fault but Mine” at the end of “Small Town” at the ‘00 Ohio show. Ya know, just thought I’d mention on here 10+ years later. Also the “improv” is sooo good. End ramble. To all else, ramble on 
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
    Pretty sure Mike did a little Nobody's Fault But Mine tag in a live version of Yellow Ledbetter. Maybe one of the London shows on the last tour? Anyway, amazing track. The rhythm section, guitar and harmonica are off the charts good.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 992
    Edved82 said:
    Pretty sure Mike did a little Nobody's Fault But Mine tag in a live version of Yellow Ledbetter. Maybe one of the London shows on the last tour? Anyway, amazing track. The rhythm section, guitar and harmonica are off the charts good.
    Pretty sure it was the Reading festival in 2006, always remember it from that show 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
    BALLBOY said:
    Edved82 said:
    Pretty sure it was the Reading festival in 2006, always remember it from that show 

Could well have been that one! It was either a show I was at, or a show I watched/listen to. Thanks for that. I have a DVD of that show somewhere, must dig it out! A great show, I recall.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,345
    edited May 2021
    Edved82 said:
    I think it was during Porch. Jimmy Page was standing side stage.