I'm bidding on an apartment

12346»

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Wait to bring out the beer till after moving complete or it won't get done 😁
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Pizza and beer and friends, and with any luck a friend with a truck - classic moving strategy. 

Good luck with the move and hope you enjoy your new home. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    hedonist said:
    Are you doing anything to acclimate your kitty to her new digs?
    Not really. Other than not leaving her alone at the new place yesterday. She’s pretty hooked on finally getting a balcony with afternoon sun and seems pretty calm :)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I'm not sure if Sweden has relaxed social distancing or perhaps you'll all wear masks!  I bet you'll have some interesting vegan dishes! Sounds lovely. The days are better with more sunlight! 
    All vegan:

The elevator at the new place broke down when we had gotten only half the stuff up to my apartment on the fourth floor. Haha. And we had left all the big and heavy stiff to bring up last (it was crammed into the back of the truck”  So had to get the new fucking sofa and up by the stairs. So felt good taking a cold beer afterwards. 

Bought a vintage desk too. Gave away my old desk a few days ago:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • That's typical with the lift....it sounds like something from the Big bang theory and Friends! I'm pleased Kitty is contented and that you had a nice dinner! :)
    That's typical with the lift....it sounds like something from the Big bang theory and Friends! I'm pleased Kitty is contented and that you had a nice dinner! :)

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Enjoy. Looks very nice.
    Should have bought a two-seat sofa (164 cm). But bought a three-seat sofa (204 cm)... focusing on being able to lie down in it BECAUSE PEARL JAMS CONCERTS OR SO LONG... but now I feel in such  a small apartment I should have had a two-seat sofa and instead just bent my knees when lying down in it. Grr. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Should have bought a two-seat sofa (164 cm). But bought a three-seat sofa (204 cm)... focusing on being able to lie down in it BECAUSE PEARL JAMS CONCERTS OR SO LONG... but now I feel in such  a small apartment I should have had a two-seat sofa and instead just bent my knees when lying down in it. Grr. 
    Well, you have all the time in the world to furnish and refurnish YOUR place. If a year goes by and you find yourself stubbing your toe on that three seater, switch it out for a two seater.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Well, you have all the time in the world to furnish and refurnish YOUR place. If a year goes by and you find yourself stubbing your toe on that three seater, switch it out for a two seater.
    You are not including the factor of "cost" though. It's good to buy the right thing at once, when you are buying something new. Hehe. But I get your point. And I think the three-seater is the right choice... but have a bit of a crammed feel now. I'll get used to it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    You are not including the factor of "cost" though. It's good to buy the right thing at once, when you are buying something new. Hehe. But I get your point. And I think the three-seater is the right choice... but have a bit of a crammed feel now. I'll get used to it.
    I was factoring in cost. It was one reason why I said give it a year so that you could have some home improvement funds saved. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM