Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Mail innovations, eh?
    on2legs said:
    Mail innovations, eh?
    fedex.
    👍🏻  Hopefully it goes better than the volleyball I shipped years ago... it missing and they never found it. 
    WIIIIILLLLLSSOOOOOONNNN!!!!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Thank you Santos. Great update.  two thumbs up and not trying to shove em anywhere for once. Hehe
  • Still waiting for product to arrive.
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    Hoping we get a variant or something fun in our delivery of these compared to ordering from Amazon.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Looks like EV 7" arrives later this week.

Coming from Kansas. Where these manufactured at QRP?
    nashville
    Yea, just saw it originated in Kansas. QRP would be much better than United in Nashville. Thanks, was just wondering.
    You think there is any possibility they were pressed at TMR and not United? Probably wishful thinking 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    TMR pressing is in Detroit, not Nashville TMR. 

Though, caveat, Jack White does own a portion of URP. So in a way, it is his plant too. 
  • Boxes say "Furnace Record Pressing". Will start shipping today.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    Boxes say "Furnace Record Pressing". Will start shipping today.

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    edited April 2021
    😁
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2021

Thanks for that. They are based in Virgina. Will look forward to this, only have a few records manufactured by them.
    edited April 2021

Though, caveat, Jack White does own a portion of URP. So in a way, it is his plant too. 
    Thanks for that. I’m only beginning to geek-out on vinyl to the level of knowing the physical locations of pressing plants.  The latest Cornell Pressing with the “made in Canada” sticker was pressed at the PRP plant in Burlington Ontario which is a partnership with GZ out of Czechia and Isotope Music here in Canada. 

Just a terrible pressing... so much distortion. 

I was so proud to buy a made in Canada record, until I listened to it.
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943

Thanks for that. I’m only beginning to geek-out on vinyl to the level of knowing the physical locations of pressing plants.  The latest Cornell Pressing with the “made in Canada” sticker was pressed at the PRP plant in Burlington Ontario which is a partnership with GZ out of Czechia and Isotope Music here in Canada. 

Was that the picture disc or the black vinyl version?

I noticed my Chris Cornell coloured vinyl boxset was made in Canada and it sounds pretty good.   It was actually the first vinyl I noticed being made in Canada since old used one's I have from the 80s.  I didn't even know we had the ability to make vinyl up here.
    edited April 2021
    Zod said:

I noticed my Chris Cornell coloured vinyl boxset was made in Canada and it sounds pretty good.   It was actually the first vinyl I noticed being made in Canada since old used one's I have from the 80s.  I didn't even know we had the ability to make vinyl up here.
    Black vinyl. The distortion was awful on half the record. Particularly on Showdown and Nothing Compares 2 U. The mastering sounded terrible. 
    One of the commenters on Discogs was cautioning everyone that they were cut by GZ’s computer driven lathes. 

I don’t know where the US Target versions were cut.  Some people also commented they got lucky and had no issues. Sadly, I wasn’t one of them. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    Zod said:

Glad we have one up here. 

https://www.precisionpressing.com/

Signed for by "broad"? How very un-PC of the delivery driver.  ;)
  • Poncier said:

It's a last name.
    Poncier said:

It's a last name.
    I figured, but it just looks kind of funny on the slip.

• Poncier said:

Your sexist pre-conceived mindset is on full display with your comment....  :)
    The term "broad" was a physical description of the "width" of the signer.....
    Poncier said:

I never said I thought by "broad" the reference was to a woman, I thought it was to how the person jumped to answer the door.  =)

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I never said I thought by "broad" the reference was to a woman, I thought it was to how the person jumped to answer the door.  =)

Is that @tempo_n_groove ?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore