Options

POLL- The WEAKEST LINK: Rolling Stone Magazine's Top 10 Guitarist- ROUND 1

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Keith Richards, Chuck Berry, Duane Allman, and Pete Townshend all eliminated in Round 1
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Pete Townshend
    You guys left out the best one of all....Vic Wooten.  (Actually, is he listed for Rock?  If not, that could be why)
    I did forget him.  Wooten is amazing. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    Duane Allman
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    MedozK said:
    Need a couple more votes, or 4 will be removed in Round 1.
    Just eliminate the 4, the 2 that survive would likely lose next round anyway. Speeds up the process so we can get to drummers and bassists sooner.
    The bassist one should be a laugh.
    Well that would depend on if we're only talking rock bassists.  If so, I got John E then JPJ., then Les, then Geddy.  If we go deeper, then I've got Scott Lafaro.  
    Check out Thundercat.  Dude is a national treasure.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    Duane Allman
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    MedozK said:
    Just eliminate the 4, the 2 that survive would likely lose next round anyway. Speeds up the process so we can get to drummers and bassists sooner.
    Well that would depend on if we're only talking rock bassists.  If so, I got John E then JPJ., then Les, then Geddy.  If we go deeper, then I've got Scott Lafaro.  
    Larry Graham, Chris Squire, Yauch, Geezer Butler, Steve Harris, Les Claypool, Roger Waters, Simon Gallup, Kim Deal, Bootsy Collins
    Yauch as in Adam?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,620
    Pete Townshend
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    MedozK said:
    Larry Graham, Chris Squire, Yauch, Geezer Butler, Steve Harris, Les Claypool, Roger Waters, Simon Gallup, Kim Deal, Bootsy Collins
    Yauch as in Adam?

Yeah that's right, my name's Yauch
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Eric Clapton
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    MedozK said:
    Yauch as in Adam?

It was Yauch or Flea, and I felt like Flea’s playing style was already represented by his betters on the list.

Re: Wooten, I walked out of a Bela Fleck concert. Glad the ticket was free. Dude was annoying as hell to watch. I even stopped listening to the albums after that. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,620
    Pete Townshend
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    MedozK said:
    Yauch as in Adam?

It was Yauch or Flea, and I felt like Flea’s playing style was already represented by his betters on the list.

Re: Wooten, I walked out of a Bela Fleck concert. Glad the ticket was free. Dude was annoying as hell to watch. I even stopped listening to the albums after that. 

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.
    Really?
    I love that band.  For a while I was so stuck on them.
    He seems like a really cool guy, although I have not seen him play in person.
    Do you think he is great on the bass or did this fuck that up for you?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Eric Clapton
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    MedozK said:
    Yauch as in Adam?

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.
    Really?
    Amazing musicians, PW!

Thing is, Bela was incredibly conceited and patronizing throughout the whole show, and not in a funny Zappa kind of way; it was more like, "I'm the shit, and you're lucky I allow y'all to watch me play."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Pete Townshend
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    MedozK said:
    Yauch as in Adam?

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.
    Really?
    Amazing musicians, PW!

Thing is, Bela was incredibly conceited and patronizing throughout the whole show, and not in a funny Zappa kind of way; it was more like, "I'm the shit, and you're lucky I allow y'all to watch me play."

Certainly dont get that vibe from the Vic stuff I watched on YouTube but will have to go back and look for some Bela stuff.
    Their music is so badass.  Been absent for a while, going to put them back in the rotation.
This discussion has been closed.