Options

Vault #10

agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
Haven't been on here in a while ... and possibly a dumb question ... but I assume there's no official Vault #10 CD listed (and specific packaging) because it's part of the 2014 catalog?
October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,982
    The Vault CD will be available for purchase once the digital downloads go up for sale @ the 10club store, which is usually the day that Vault vinyl gets shipped out.

It'll be different as this released is remixed by Josh Evans.
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    The Vault CD will be available for purchase once the digital downloads go up for sale @ the 10club store, which is usually the day that Vault vinyl gets shipped out.

The reason I asked is because Vault #11 CD is already available for purchase in the shop but Vault #10 is not. I thought I missed something.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

The reason I asked is because Vault #11 CD is already available for purchase in the shop but Vault #10 is not. I thought I missed something.

All good. I was surprised they released Vault #11 on CD & digital downloads but not have a pre order on the vinyl. Maybe there won't be a vinyl for Vault 11? Let's hope this is not true & in the day's ahead there will be a pre order for the Vault #11 vinyl.

Usually from past Vault releases the CD & digital downloads were available for pre order / download once the vinyl was shipping out.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited April 2021
    Hard to justify putting a pre order up for Vault 11 vinyl until 10 has landed. How annoying would it be if they jump from 10 to 12 on the vinyl though, cant imagine it will go down well.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,921
    FR181798 said:
    Hard to justify putting a pre order up for Vault 11 vinyl until 10 has landed. How annoying would it be if they jump from 10 to 12 on the vinyl though, cant imagine it will go down well.
    We skipped vault 1 and 2 on vinyl so skipping 11 wouldn’t surprise me.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    YeFR181798 said:
    Yeah, they keep pumping out more merch. Vault 1 and 2 on vinyl seems easy money. Could have given the proceeds to their crew or something.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,547
    I wish they would have preserved the purpose of the vault, that being shows that weren't already officially released (bonus points if no previous bootlegs were available or any good). Instead we get Moline which makes little sense as it was already released and now Vault 11 (which may or may not get a vinyl release) which would have been a better choice than Moline even though it was available in good quality, though unofficial. It's fine if they want to release other random shows on vinyl that have official audio, but making them part of the vault makes zero sense.  Does the band actually make these decisions or do they just give free reign to management to release whatever they think will sell?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    I wish they would have preserved the purpose of the vault, that being shows that weren't already officially released (bonus points if no previous bootlegs were available or any good). Instead we get Moline which makes little sense as it was already released and now Vault 11 (which may or may not get a vinyl release) which would have been a better choice than Moline even though it was available in good quality, though unofficial. It's fine if they want to release other random shows on vinyl that have official audio, but making them part of the vault makes zero sense.  Does the band actually make these decisions or do they just give free reign to management to release whatever they think will sell?
    I’ve read & heard there is simply limited vault stuff. Tapes for shows we are all begging for  are 1) not in existence 2) in hiding 3) incomplete 

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,921
    I’ve read & heard there is simply limited vault stuff. Tapes for shows we are all begging for  are 1) not in existence 2) in hiding 3) incomplete 

However Soldier Field was incomplete and they pressed that one.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    mcgruff10 said:

True, true. They grabbed the encores from the MW broadcast which means they could do another incomplete 95’ show. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    I also think PJ has a different view of old shows and bootlegs.  They don't realize that we all traded Atlanta 94, Berlin 96, Melbourne 98, etc.  To them they might be old shows that they have a great recording of that they like.  If the last two shows also get released as Vaults you know there would be some complaining.  

Jeff basically mentioned that they have a list made up.  Maybe they choose from that every year. 
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    mcgruff10 said:

True, true. They grabbed the encores from the MW broadcast which means they could do another incomplete 95’ show. 
    Gotta figure they have a lot of the oz/Japan tour at minimum. They filmed all those shows too
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    FR181798 said:

Wouldn't surprise me either. They fact that the CD & digital downloads of Vault 11 have already been available for almost four months now, they could of easily taken a vinyl pre order on it. With delays on vinyl pressings would make sense to take pre orders early. Vault 10 vinyl pre order was October '20. 6 months has passed & no update on the vinyl. I could see Vault 11 vinyl be skipped & pre orders on Vault 12 take place late summer. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,778
    It is also entirely possible that they did not actually mean for this to be "vault 11" and it is just mislabled. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    The different format certainly annoys the collectors and completists but I think we probably give it a lot more thought than anyone else. Think its just another product to 10c management.
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    It is also entirely possible that they did not actually mean for this to be "vault 11" and it is just mislabled. 
    Must be as it's not listed in the Vault bootleg section. https://shop.pearljam.com/collections/music/config-sub_category-bootlegs+year-vault?page=1. It's labeled Vault 11 over @ https://shop.pearljam.com/collections/music/config:sub_category:bootlegs
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,778
    demetrios said:
    PB11041 said:
    Must be as it's not listed in the Vault bootleg section. https://shop.pearljam.com/collections/music/config-sub_category-bootlegs+year-vault?page=1. It's labeled Vault 11 over @ https://shop.pearljam.com/collections/music/config:sub_category:bootlegs
    at this stage though, I would hope they would consider releasing a show like this on vinyl as is, as much as I am going to listen to and enjoy Moline on vinyl, this would have been an infinitely better choice, even though it has already been exhausted in its many many iterations.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Is the only way to get Vault 10 CD by purchasing the 2014 bootleg (that's now been remixed)? They didn't update the label or anything? :(
  • Options
    bazzer said:
    Is the only way to get Vault 10 CD by purchasing the 2014 bootleg (that's now been remixed)? They didn't update the label or anything? :(

Pretty much. The Moline (2021 remix, Vault 10) CD's sold at 10club & Nugs are the same art work as the 2014 release.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:
    bazzer said:

Pretty much. The Moline (2021 remix, Vault 10) CD's sold at 10club & Nugs are the same art work as the 2014 release.
    Such a crappy decision. No thought at all.
  • Options
    fafane45fafane45 Posts: 90
    I also think PJ has a different view of old shows and bootlegs.  They don't realize that we all traded Atlanta 94, Berlin 96, Melbourne 98, etc.  To them they might be old shows that they have a great recording of that they like.  If the last two shows also get released as Vaults you know there would be some complaining.  

Jeff basically mentioned that they have a list made up.  Maybe they choose from that every year. 
    I wouldn't complain if they upgrade the sound quality of Berlin 96 and Melbourme 98 similar to the "give way" cd.
  • Options
    fafane45 said:

I wouldn't complain if they upgrade the sound quality of Berlin 96 and Melbourme 98 similar to the "give way" cd.

Oh me neither. I hope they do someday officially release Berlin '96 & Melbourne '98 on a Vault vinyl release, remixed by Josh Evans. My favourite unofficial bootleg releases Checkpoint Charlie & Down Under Again were incredible!