Options

Very Bad Pearl Jam!!!

BarbaraMessinaBarbaraMessina Posts: 2
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Its' really bad and SAD to know that Pearl Jam will be touring Italy with the same agency that has been partner of Clear Channel...yes, the same agancy that created a list of songs BANNED from airplay right after the September 11; the same agency that supported Bush and his wars; the same agency that killed the minor agency or the ones that didnt accepted to BE BOUGHT!!!
I'm wondering why did pearl jam will be touring with this agency, and not with the one that organize their very first show in italy, in the 80'?
I saw every concerts... and I always loved their music, their lyrics and above all their philosophy and the messages that they gave to the world, fans...to me! Now i think they were just bullshits! Money talks, dear Eddie! this is what it sounds now! Let's play for the major, right?! and who cares if your fans have to pay euro 48,30 or 40,20 (http://www.ticketone.it) euro to see your show... it's crazy! I'm 33 years old, and I told you, I never missed your concerts...I had also the pleasure to meet you in Zurig many years ago, I can say that we grow up together:-)...now I'm 33 y.o. and I won't come to see your concerts. No way! But please Eddie, don'ty play with your fans, there are people that still BELIEVE IN MIRACLES: no more stupid presidents, no more crazy and helpful wars, no more major, no more power to the people/agency that just cares about success/money/business AND YOU ARE SUPPORTING ALL THESE! It seems that only rich fans are allow and have the previlege to pay a ticket to see your concerts... plus with the money make richer you and an agency that was CLEAR CHANNEL! But I respect you and your choice...I'm just disappointed, but I won't die!!! I happy because there are artists (bruce Springsteen i.e.) that still believe in what he said to the fans....and he remain firm in his philophy, that give hopes to us!
Ciao,
barbara from MIlan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Its' really bad and SAD to know that Pearl Jam will be touring Italy with the same agency that has been partner of Clear Channel...yes, the same agancy that created a list of songs BANNED from airplay right after the September 11; the same agency that supported Bush and his wars; the same agency that killed the minor agency or the ones that didnt accepted to BE BOUGHT!!!
    I'm wondering why did pearl jam will be touring with this agency, and not with the one that organize their very first show in italy, in the 80'?
    I saw every concerts... and I always loved their music, their lyrics and above all their philosophy and the messages that they gave to the world, fans...to me! Now i think they were just bullshits! Money talks, dear Eddie! this is what it sounds now! Let's play for the major, right?! and who cares if your fans have to pay euro 48,30 or 40,20 (http://www.ticketone.it) euro to see your show... it's crazy! I'm 33 years old, and I told you, I never missed your concerts...I had also the pleasure to meet you in Zurig many years ago, I can say that we grow up together:-)...now I'm 33 y.o. and I won't come to see your concerts. No way! But please Eddie, don'ty play with your fans, there are people that still BELIEVE IN MIRACLES: no more stupid presidents, no more crazy and helpful wars, no more major, no more power to the people/agency that just cares about success/money/business AND YOU ARE SUPPORTING ALL THESE! It seems that only rich fans are allow and have the previlege to pay a ticket to see your concerts... plus with the money make richer you and an agency that was CLEAR CHANNEL! But I respect you and your choice...I'm just disappointed, but I won't die!!! I happy because there are artists (bruce Springsteen i.e.) that still believe in what he said to the fans....and he remain firm in his philophy, that give hopes to us!
    Ciao,
    barbara from MIlan
    I don't know anything about the agency (but they might not have had a choice at all...like they hav no choice but to use Ticketmaster in the US).
    But stop moaning about ticket prices for fuck sake.
    €50 for a ticket in an arena is cheap these days. Yes it's probably more than 6 years ago..but that's the point, it was 6 years ago: venue hire costs, wages, petrol and a lot of other things have increased in the same or worse proportion.
    For a band that size, they're cheap.
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I definitely agree with you that Clear Channel is the devil - I even read an interview with Ed recently where he mentioned how stupid it was that radio stations didn't play "Imagine" after 9/11. But given the band's history, I'd like to believe that they will do anything they can to avoid supporting evil corporations, but only up to the point where the fans suffer. Look at the Ticketmaster boycott - it's great that the band wanted to cap ticket prices at $20, but not if it meant fans had to travel to East Buttville to see shows (at their expense) instead of major metropolitan areas. I don't know all the details about the European tour, but I would imagine it's a similar situation.

Oh, and I apologize to any residents of East Buttville. I didn't mean to offend you.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I don't know anything about the agency (but they might not have had a choice at all...like they hav no choice but to use Ticketmaster in the US).
    But stop moaning about ticket prices for fuck sake.
    €50 for a ticket in an arena is cheap these days. Yes it's probably more than 6 years ago..but that's the point, it was 6 years ago: venue hire costs, wages, petrol and a lot of other things have increased in the same or worse proportion.
    For a band that size, they're cheap.

Ciao,
    personally, I don't care for the ticket's cost - I used to work in the music field and - bad to say - but I never paid to see their last 3 tours since I had the pleasure to be part of the italian staff. Right because I know what there's behind I can tell that they disappointed me.
    Fortunatelly I'm the position to pay - but I won't for them (that's for sure!), but I spent years working on the road on tour and I know very well that most of the fans can't spend a such amount of money, but they do anyway just for their music and their "philosophy".
    Yes, the ticket price is something more, add to the fact they toured communicating messages to the fans....but then, they just care about BUSSINES! Nothing wrong with that, but don't waste a second of the show to tell me what I have to do or what i have to vote!!!!
    Of course, they are free to do what they want... But you know what? If Mr George W Bush would offer more than PJ's fee, I wouldn shocked to know that they accept the offer!!!! Tell me the different to play for an agency that support Bush and his wars, and play at his house? yeah they are free to do it... but don't play with your fans and the people that believe in you.
    Music has power - it can really change the world..they had this power, but they chose the major, and here in Italy there are one major and something like 5 more agencies that said NO to Clear Channel and its money.

Peace and love,
    Barbara
  • Options
    SidetrackedSidetracked Posts: 113
    :confused:Would someone please explain to me What the hell is CLEAR CHANNEL?? (and why are we capitalizing it?)
    done
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    :confused:Would someone please explain to me What the hell is CLEAR CHANNEL?? (and why are we capitalizing it?)
    http://www.redpepper.org.uk/KYE/x-kye-July2005.htm
    http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Clear_Channel_Worldwide

ok they suck, but they also own so much stuff that avoiding them is nearly impossible, I mean should I stopped using bus shelters because they advertise in them?
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-centre/press-releases/press-releases-content.asp?prID=359

and they own Meanfiddler here so that's Glastonbury, Reading, Leeds festivals, teh Astoria, the Academies.. plus Apollo theatre group ....so all the good venues..would mean stopping going to gigs altogether (and I already don't go much).

I actually find it ironic that they end up promoting anti-bush bands :)
    For PJ, trying to fight them would be a repeat of the Ticketmaster story...and tons of goods that one did..
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    That makes scary reading Pegasus. Such far reaching tentacles......
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

Oh, and I apologize to any residents of East Buttville. I didn't mean to offend you.

Cool with me. East Buttville sucks. NORTH BUTTVILLE, REPRESENT!
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    SidetrackedSidetracked Posts: 113
    Pegasus wrote:
    http://www.redpepper.org.uk/KYE/x-kye-July2005.htm
    http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Clear_Channel_Worldwide

ok they suck, but they also own so much stuff that avoiding them is nearly impossible, I mean should I stopped using bus shelters because they advertise in them?
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-centre/press-releases/press-releases-content.asp?prID=359

and they own Meanfiddler here so that's Glastonbury, Reading, Leeds festivals, teh Astoria, the Academies.. plus Apollo theatre group ....so all the good venues..would mean stopping going to gigs altogether (and I already don't go much).

I actually find it ironic that they end up promoting anti-bush bands :)
    For PJ, trying to fight them would be a repeat of the Ticketmaster story...and tons of goods that one did..

I had no idea. I agree that it would be another ticketmaster. I don't think it should stop a person from going to see PJ. They probably don't have a choice (or do they?) but they do tell us where they stand politically (frequently) and there's no reason to think they're lying. I don't think because they're playing a clear channel venue it means they're in 'cahoots' with this 'evil empire'.
    done