Options

WHITE ZOMBIE...La Sexorcisto Devil Music Vol I

g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
edited April 2010 in Other Music
White_Zombie_La_Sexorcisto_Devil_Music%2C_Vol._1.jpg

Man I haven't listened to this album in 10 years maybe but what a classic. I barely can understand or hear the words but the riffola of riffs and baselines are tremendous from beginning to end. This certainly was a breakthough for them being their 3rd album release and man did I ever play it to death back in 92'.

*Black Sunhine* Mad Max (version)

This album sort of reminds me of the debut album of Rage Against The Machine with all the fresh new riffs it produced.

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Great album, an instant classic! 8-)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    This is just wild and crazy...Welcome To MF Planet :D:D:D:D:lol:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    for some reason it took me until about a year ago to discover this record, but, motherfucker, does it wail...
  • Options
    It's a classic. I actually got mine out a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a while.
    Very cool album.
    At one point I knew every word to every song and some of them I remember today no matter how long I go without listening to it
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I have spun this record on a regular basis since it came out. It's such a solid album.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    JDBJDB Posts: 277
    AstroCreep 2000 is way better.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    JDB wrote:

i didnt get into astrocreep near as much. i like it, but not as much as La Sexorcisto.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    JDB wrote:

i didnt get into astrocreep near as much. i like it, but not as much as La Sexorcisto.

I agree, or maybe back then I just moved on to some other bands. Nice combo here...
    Tom Sawyer/Soul Crusher...LIVE

Peace

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I need to spin this album again
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    JDB wrote:

I think another reason I preferred La Sexorcisto was the funk metal groove thing it had over Astrocreep like in this song....Cosmic Monsters Inc with that intro from the original Batman. Sean is wailing on the bass here as that beginning riffs remind me of an old Metallica song I can't recall at the moment.

Peace

• Options

E C Dubya :D
    love this album, brings back the memories
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    edited March 2021
    bassist Sean Yseault is selling some of her WZ-era stuff. Signed pictures, bass guitar pics attached to a signed placard, etc. see link below

https://lamadamabazarre.bigcartel.com/

the sold out sign next to the signed green pic is because of me.  =)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    Yeah...nice pick and sig!!! That will be nice to have. Ready to frame.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    Green pick definitely nicer than the brown.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,232
    Awesome album. Got pulled over doing 103 while playing Black Sunshine. My parents weren't impressed.
    It's a hopeless situation...