Options

It has been a year

2»

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    The fear at times was overwhelming working in a hospital everyday, can remember the 1st case in-house patient and then the floodgates opening with floor after floor filling up with COVID patients and then hearing about all the death the worst day in the morgue it holds approximately 30 to 35 corpses max it had to be emptied three times in a 24 hour period, and still people are getting infected my coworker she and her whole family are quarantined as I write this, never to forget this year.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251

So the highpoint is, that if she ever wants to change careers, we can turn our living room into "Kathy's Hair Emporium"

Hahahahahahaha

Call it "Kathy's I Don't Give a Rat's Ass Hair Emporium"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    I remember coming home from golfing (after a 7 week hiatus) and my wife making me strip in the garage so we could throw all of my clothing into the wash. Then rushing upstairs to jump in the shower.

Washing groceries was fun too. 

ALSO--me and my brother had to help my other brother move into his new apartment a week after quarantine started. No masks but plenty of gloves. How we all did not end up with Covid that day is beyond me. Or maybe we did? I really don't know. That was also the day I got my first listen to Gigaton!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    I just can’t get past the daily amount of panic, disruption, lies, etc. and how the whole issue was handled.  How it became the final year of the mass confusion we lived with for those first three years.  How calm things became after January 20th even though we still had/have a long way to go. I wonder how much worse this would be if it wasn’t for those 8 million who put us back on the right path.  I still have breathing issues since my 6 week battle with the virus but if that’s my only long term damage I’ll take it and consider myself fortunate.  After 4 years I’m just happy life feels like it’s getting back to normal.  That whole 4 year debacle feels like a bad nightmare now. Don’t mean to make it political but it was...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    I just can’t get past the daily amount of panic, disruption, lies, etc. and how the whole issue was handled.  How it became the final year of the mass confusion we lived with for those first three years.  How calm things became after January 20th even though we still had/have a long way to go. I wonder how much worse this would be if it wasn’t for those 8 million who put us back on the right path.  I still have breathing issues since my 6 week battle with the virus but if that’s my only long term damage I’ll take it and consider myself fortunate.  After 4 years I’m just happy life feels like it’s getting back to normal.  That whole 4 year debacle feels like a bad nightmare now. Don’t mean to make it political but it was...
    What a bummer to still have breathing issues.  I hope it starts getting better for you.  I had bronchitis a couple of times years ago and remember the discomfort.
    That was a crazy fours years indeed!

The weird thing for me personally is that as messed up as 2020 was in terms of COVID, and politics, it was not a bad year for me personally.  At first I hated giving up my job at the bookstore but after a while, I realized it was time anyway.  And I also found I was able to stay busy finding new avenues to do my on-line book and LP business.  And now here we are in 2021 and the world as a whole seems to be settling down while for me personally, this year is proving to be a challenge.  I seem to be going against the tide for both years. Oh well, what's new?!  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    You need to be super extra cautious with this virus if you’ve had bronchitis.  It may be an underlying reason like immune disorders or hope you’ve gotten or will receive the vaccine and continue with follow-up boosters, yearly shots. No sympathy for me...what I get for smoking until 4 years ago. If I wouldn’t have quit I’d be dead...no doubt in my mind but like I said I’m fortunate, so I’m not complaining especially since I did this to myself. 

Many others are probably on new paths such as yourself because of the pandemic. Many good things come from such ugliness.  Every day people want proof of something better when it’s usually right in front of them all the time.  Your new journey may be your good thing to come from this. Good things happen to good people so I think you’ll be just fine. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    You need to be super extra cautious with this virus if you’ve had bronchitis.  It may be an underlying reason like immune disorders or hope you’ve gotten or will receive the vaccine and continue with follow-up boosters, yearly shots. No sympathy for me...what I get for smoking until 4 years ago. If I wouldn’t have quit I’d be dead...no doubt in my mind but like I said I’m fortunate, so I’m not complaining especially since I did this to myself. 

Many others are probably on new paths such as yourself because of the pandemic. Many good things come from such ugliness.  Every day people want proof of something better when it’s usually right in front of them all the time.  Your new journey may be your good thing to come from this. Good things happen to good people so I think you’ll be just fine. 

Yes, for sure, I've had vaccination #1 and will get #2 in a few weeks.  I'm a bull's eye for this virus.  In my early 20's, I had bronchitis two or three times, had Epstein-Barr virus in the 80's (and that never fully leaves meaning I have a compromised immune system), and had pneumonia once back in the late 90's.  And I was a smoker on and off (mostly on) from around 1968 to 1986.   

Kudos to you for giving up the cancer sticks.  Well done!

And thanks for kind words.  Much appreciated!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178

Since covid was officially declared a pandemic. Good lord! Looking back at the last year is just pure insanity. There was a time when every time I got out of my truck I would spray myself with Lysol. There was a time when I went thru 10-20 disposable gloves a day. How about the insanity at the grocery stores? My wife and I taking turns hitting every store we can get to, looking for wipes, sanitizer, bleach, etc. Because it truly felt like a life and death situation. And sadly for way too many, covid was a life and death situation.

I was discussing the last year with a dear friend of mine last night. We sat in his garage, put on the Blackhawks game, and shared some adult beverages. It was great. Because as we all remember, it wasn't too long ago where none of us were allowed to do just that. We talked about everyone in the country, and how some handled this pandemic. Who can forget the absolute lunatics who lost their fucking minds, because they were asked to wear a mask? All the videos that showed up on the news of folks in a Walmart, Target, gas station etc. who literally turned in to 3 year olds because they were asked to wear a mask. And in the whole scheme of things, is wearing a mask all that much to ask?

How about the food stores? Holy fuck! The meat section just being empty? There was a day when I went shopping that the ENTIRE frozen vegetable section was COMPLETELY EMPTY. Other than frozen okra. I guess people are not a fan of okra.

We discussed friends and family who lost jobs. We discussed how our nation handled this pandemic, and all the mistakes(in our eyes)that were made. Could we have shut down the nation for 2 months? As in a complete shutdown? Could we have just froze everything? Would it have changed or slowed down how the virus spread through our nation?

We discussed the nightmare that was New York City, in the early stages of covid. We discussed that military hospital ship that was parked there. How about the turning Central Park in to a field hospital? So many deaths. So damn sad.

Its been quite a fucking year, that's for sure.

Anyway.

Share some thoughts about the last year. Looking back, what are some of the things that will always stand out to you? The hoarding at the stores? The terror of not finding wipes or disinfectant? The fear of just walking out your front door? and obviously the fear of getting sick.

Lockdowns didn't work
    You didn't mention one thing about being healthy nor do I blame you because the media never mentioned taking vitamin C,D and zinc helped with covid. 
    They closed down parks and activities outside and said Netflix and chill for a couple of months when people should have been outside walking, exercising and getting sunlight.
    Plexi glass is theatre because a virus can swoop around plexi glass
    Never in history has a vaccine been produced this fast pushed this hard. Doesn't anyone find it odd the food, marijuana, money etc...etc.. they are giving away to get a shot for a vaccine?
    We should just sheltered the elderly and vulnerable. 
    Covid is spread through the air not surfaces
    And you are talking about shutting down the country for two months GTFOH...
    Also what current pharmaceuticals do we have that can help fight it.
    The rich got Richer and the poor got poorer. Not to mention how far behind inner city kids are now because remote learning was everything but learning.  
    And if my favorite band mandates a vaccine to see them live they are not the band that stands up for the people anymore. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    edited June 2021

Since covid was officially declared a pandemic. Good lord! Looking back at the last year is just pure insanity. There was a time when every time I got out of my truck I would spray myself with Lysol. There was a time when I went thru 10-20 disposable gloves a day. How about the insanity at the grocery stores? My wife and I taking turns hitting every store we can get to, looking for wipes, sanitizer, bleach, etc. Because it truly felt like a life and death situation. And sadly for way too many, covid was a life and death situation.

I was discussing the last year with a dear friend of mine last night. We sat in his garage, put on the Blackhawks game, and shared some adult beverages. It was great. Because as we all remember, it wasn't too long ago where none of us were allowed to do just that. We talked about everyone in the country, and how some handled this pandemic. Who can forget the absolute lunatics who lost their fucking minds, because they were asked to wear a mask? All the videos that showed up on the news of folks in a Walmart, Target, gas station etc. who literally turned in to 3 year olds because they were asked to wear a mask. And in the whole scheme of things, is wearing a mask all that much to ask?

How about the food stores? Holy fuck! The meat section just being empty? There was a day when I went shopping that the ENTIRE frozen vegetable section was COMPLETELY EMPTY. Other than frozen okra. I guess people are not a fan of okra.

We discussed friends and family who lost jobs. We discussed how our nation handled this pandemic, and all the mistakes(in our eyes)that were made. Could we have shut down the nation for 2 months? As in a complete shutdown? Could we have just froze everything? Would it have changed or slowed down how the virus spread through our nation?

We discussed the nightmare that was New York City, in the early stages of covid. We discussed that military hospital ship that was parked there. How about the turning Central Park in to a field hospital? So many deaths. So damn sad.

Anyway.

Share some thoughts about the last year. Looking back, what are some of the things that will always stand out to you? The hoarding at the stores? The terror of not finding wipes or disinfectant? The fear of just walking out your front door? and obviously the fear of getting sick.

Lockdowns didn't work
    You didn't mention one thing about being healthy nor do I blame you because the media never mentioned taking vitamin C,D and zinc helped with covid. 
    They closed down parks and activities outside and said Netflix and chill for a couple of months when people should have been outside walking, exercising and getting sunlight.
    Never in history has a vaccine been produced this fast pushed this hard. Doesn't anyone find it odd the food, marijuana, money etc...etc.. they are giving away to get a shot for a vaccine?
    The rich got Richer and the poor got poorer. Not to mention how far behind inner city kids are now because remote learning was everything but learning.  
    And if my favorite band mandates a vaccine to see them live they are not the band that stands up for the people anymore. 

18,000 people died from COVID in America, in May.
    150 of them were double vaxxed.

Yeah, the vaccine is bs. 

Edit -- updating with link from a real source...not facebook, or twitter, or some bullshit made up news outlet.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935

Anyway.

Lockdowns didn't work
    Very important stuff here!  All of it is true, but damn, nothing moreso than the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.  So easy for all these elites to beg everyone to stay home as they jet off to Hawaii for months at a time.  

Also, it has also been a year since this bro predicted at all...  

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    Should have just rode herd. Taken the family to India yet? How about Brazil? Why aren't you "living?"

More than
    people have died from coronavirus in the U.S.

More than 33,645,000 cases have been reported.

Places with highest daily reported deaths per capita

7-day rolling average of daily new deaths per 100,000 residents

U.S. overall
    -1%
    decline in new
    deaths in past
    week
    Florida
    +33%
    Utah
    +400%
    Wisconsin
    +33%
    Washington
    +25%
    Missouri
    +100%
    Show all

The deadliest month was January 2021, when an average of more than 3,100 people died every day of covid-19. On six days that month, the number topped 4,000. On Feb. 22, the U.S. death toll surpassed half a million people.

U.S. coronavirus cases and state maps: Tracking cases, deaths - Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251

Anyway.

Lockdowns didn't work

The Reader's Digest version of this guy: "Vaccine bad, steroids good."
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Poncier said:

Anyway.

Lockdowns didn't work

The Reader's Digest version of this guy: "Vaccine bad, steroids good."
    He just screams "douche"
    chinese-happy.jpg