Options

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of Rolling Stone Magazine's Top 10 - ROUND 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    Joni Mitchell, 'Blue'
    Sorry Joni. That's some insane company in the first round.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    Joni Mitchell, 'Blue'
    Ok, have listened to all not very familiar with.
    Sad that Lauren Hill is leaving, I would put her Top 5 on this list.

It appears most are not properly educated on Ms. Lauren Hill.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880
    Joni Mitchell, 'Blue'
    That's a good listen.

Saw MLH in the recent past...some things are better left to the imagination. Showed up late and shouted a lot. Maybe I was expecting too much. Whatever.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    Joni Mitchell, 'Blue'
    Hobbes said:
    Ok, have listened to all not very familiar with.
    Sad that Lauren Hill is leaving, I would put her Top 5 on this list.

It appears most are not properly educated on Ms. Lauren Hill.
    The only album I put her over in this group is the Mitchell one.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    edited March 2021
    Lauryn Hill, 'The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill'
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    Surprised to see Blue close to going down.  This will get interesting as things progress.
    I tried to find the OP list of RS top 10 albums and couldn't find one that matches.  Just curious- where did you find this list,  MedozK?
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-albums-of-all-time-1062063/

RS staff has lost it's mind.  Where is Sgt. Peppers? Hwy 61 Revisited?  Tapestry?  Are You Experienced?  Kind of Blue?

Craziness!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited March 2021
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    Surprised to see Blue close to going down.  This will get interesting as things progress.
    I tried to find the OP list of RS top 10 albums and couldn't find one that matches.  Just curious- where did you find this list,  MedozK?

RS staff has lost it's mind.  Where is Sgt. Peppers? Hwy 61 Revisited?  Tapestry?  Are You Experienced?  Kind of Blue?

Craziness!
    Lots more diversity in the new list. Kanye's 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy', is in front of all those you listed.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Nirvana, 'Nevermind'
    dankind said:
    MedozK said:
    Looking like 2 female artist masterpieces are on their way out in round 1.
    Feigning shock.
    I found Blue to be boring as fuck.  
    Not her fault, it is beautiful music.  I was just totally bored by it 
    The right-hand work on it is astounding. I've tried to emulate her right-hand work in my own guitar playing forever. I've only begun trying to use a pick this past year.

It's certainly a different kind of masterpiece than the others on the list.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    Joni Mitchell, 'Blue'
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:

Craziness!
    Lots more diversity in the new list. Kanye's 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy', is in front of all those you listed.
    Like I said, they didn't want to be the crusty old white magazine that they were...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Looking at you next, Prince.
    I honestly can't think of a more overrated album...I would say something by Beastie Boys, but they aren't very highly rated outside of an incredibly specific demographic.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Nirvana, 'Nevermind'
    rgambs said:
    I honestly can't think of a more overrated album...I would say something by Beastie Boys, but they aren't very highly rated outside of an incredibly specific demographic.
    Good lord and butter!

Have you ever shaken your ass, hillbilly?

(Chicken dance at the ag hall don’t count.) :tongue:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Joni Mitchell, 'Blue'
    rgambs said:
    Ahahaha.
    At least your BBoys hate is consistent.
    I think I'll listen to that Lauren Hill album again this weekend.  Maybe throw on Purple Vein right after.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    Good lord and butter!

Have you ever shaken your ass, hillbilly?

(Chicken dance at the ag hall don’t count.) :tongue:
    I am thinking this strange phrasing indicates some lyrics if which I am fortunately unaware lol

And you ain't danced until you've gone three rounds with a rowdy rooster 🤠
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Ahahaha.
    At least your BBoys hate is consistent.
    I think I'll listen to that Lauren Hill album again this weekend.  Maybe throw on Purple Vein right after.  
    As consistent as that high pitched whiney voice and the other two coming in to shout emphasis every few words lol

Prince was very talented and it's certainly not a bad record...a little corny at times, but that was the times.  
    It's just not top 10 material by a long shot.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    Abbey Road isn't even my favorite Beatles album. Lauryn Hill dominated when that album came out. Lots of good tracks. I also like her collaboration with Santana on the Supernatural album. Probably going to pick Joni, but we'll see.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    Joni Mitchell, 'Blue'
    tbergs said:
    Abbey Road isn't even my favorite Beatles album. Lauryn Hill dominated when that album came out. Lots of good tracks. I also like her collaboration with Santana on the Supernatural album. Probably going to pick Joni, but we'll see.
    Don't Blue, vote.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    what a terrible list for a top 10
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Joni Mitchell's , 'Blue' and Lauryn Hill's, 'The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill' have been eliminated in Round 1.
This discussion has been closed.