Options

RATM FOR PJ MSG Tickets

Figured I would try cause why not.  I have two section 119 row 12 seats 1 and 2 for RATM August 17th at MSG and I will trade someone in here for MSG PJ Seats for similar seats.  If not no biggie but hey maybe someone will want to go to potentially the last US tour date for RAGE ever. Who knows with them.  God speed everyone.

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    No
    hey man thanks so much.  Really appreciate it 
  • Options
    "I'll trade you the rest of this banana for that snack pack"
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    "I'll trade you the rest of this banana for that snack pack"
    I thought I was your snack pack?
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    tdawe said:

Increasing it to 5 shows might have been a bit ambitious.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    tdawe said:

This morning I was in a ski area parking lot when tickets went on sale (I wasn’t going to hold up everyone in our group so I could buy concert tickets). The 17th is the only date I can go to due to summer travel plans the week before. So I literally bought the tickets while walking (carrying my skis and poles) from the car to the gondola; I just took whatever pair they offered me, which were okay but not spectacular. 

I spent the rest of the day thinking I had made an all-time great ticket pull, only to get back to the house later and find this map, including many many tickets better than the ones I bought. Definitely less excited about this than I was 10 hours ago. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Poncier said:
    tdawe said:

This morning I was in a ski area parking lot when tickets went on sale (I wasn’t going to hold up everyone in our group so I could buy concert tickets). The 17th is the only date I can go to due to summer travel plans the week before. So I literally bought the tickets while walking (carrying my skis and poles) from the car to the gondola; I just took whatever pair they offered me, which were okay but not spectacular. 

I spent the rest of the day thinking I had made an all-time great ticket pull, only to get back to the house later and find this map, including many many tickets better than the ones I bought. Definitely less excited about this than I was 10 hours ago. 
    We have nights 1&3. Was stunned to learn they added 2 more shows. Smart ass husband of mine asked if I bought any today and tbh I had completely forgotten about the onsale. I checked at 5pm and saw how many are left. 3 would have been plenty. 5 is overkill. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    tdawe said:
    Poncier said:
    tdawe said:

We have nights 1&3. Was stunned to learn they added 2 more shows. Smart ass husband of mine asked if I bought any today and tbh I had completely forgotten about the onsale. I checked at 5pm and saw how many are left. 3 would have been plenty. 5 is overkill. 
    Yeah, but this is kind of the logical endpoint of their strategy toward defeating scalpers - there are plenty of people around here who argue that PJ should basically do this exact thing every time a tour comes around. It’s too bad that it’s going to result in at least one sub-par show, and more than that if broker-owned tickets for the other shows go unsold because fans buy primary tix for this one instead. 

A sold out Garden is the best concert venue in the world. A half-sold Garden sucks. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Need new and exciting team building exercises?  Plan your next corporate outing at Rage Against the Machine!!  To reserve your section please contact Zach at 855-213-RAGE. 
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    tdawe said:
    Poncier said:
    tdawe said:

I feel your pain as I went through a similar experience myself during the on sale for what would end up being the first of TWO nights Rage would be playing Oakland. I had meetings that day at a partner site so I made sure to block my calendar during the on sale period so I could focus on scoring tix since I knew they'd go quickly. Heck, I even gave myself an hour figuring I wouldn't need the entire time...boy was I wrong! 

Logged in about 20 minutes before and right at 11am I was greeted by the by the 2000 Man symbol and the actual 5,000 plus people that were in front of me. Time starts going by and next thing I know an hour had almost gone by when the "Your Next" message finally popped up. I get in and see there's only seats in the second level at the back of the arena but I say screw it and try to frantically scoop up the best of what's remaining and miss out 3 times. Finally, I get "lucky" on the fourth attempt securing four seats and successfully manage to get them into my cart to buy. What I didn't notice was I selected charity seats which were going for $350 a clip, so now I had to make the decision whether to release the tickets and try my luck again knowing I could miss out entirely, or pay the $1600 for the four tickets I had just secured.  :o

At that moment I figured this may be the last time I'll get to see these guys and went against my logical judgement and bought the seats. Like you, at the time I felt like I was just lucky to get in the building and proceeded to move on with the rest of my day. Then about an hour or so later I'm scrolling through my notifications when I see the second show announcement. Of course by that time only nose bleed seats remained. I definitely felt a little duped because had I known a second show would be announced, I would've of waited and tried my luck with the second show instead of paying that much.

And now I'm kicking myself in the ass even more because I see tickets on Stub Hub in the first level near the stage for that show going for the same price as what I paid for my nose bleed seats! But I can't buy them now because I know I'll never be able to offload my nose bleed seats and get what I paid for them, so now I'm stuck and will still more than likely have fun...but I had to bitch because it's been festering inside of me for a while now.