Options

Super Bowl Commercials

2»

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    dankind said:
    Oatly CEO FTW!!

I did laugh at that -- the CEO put himself out there, at least.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Poncier said:
    I liked the Tracey Morgan Rocket mortgage ones.
    That one was funny.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    The office sexual harrassment one was funny  - not even sure what it was for, one of the insurance companies maybe?

I like the son of Edward Scissorhands one as well

the Doritos one with flat Matthew McConanaughy was really bad.
    I actually thought the Doritos one was pretty good.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    Oatly CEO FTW!!
    Shitty swedish company.
    You're dissing a vegan milk alternative that's better for the environment than pretty much every other "milk"? Sheesh.
    I don't see what the problem is?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    Oatly CEO FTW!!
    Shitty swedish company.
    You're dissing a vegan milk alternative that's better for the environment than pretty much every other "milk"? Sheesh.
    I read in Ad Age that the Oatly commercial was made in 2014 and was banned in Sweden because of some dairy lobby's political influence.

That almost makes it better. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited February 2021
    I think SCs issue with Oatly is Blackstone being past investors and Blackstone destroying the (world) climate 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    For a 7% stake, I mean, sure, boycott the most delicious milk substitute out there so that Blackstone doesn't get any money from you. That's all Blackstone is in it for -- the money. They see a trend (late, as always), and they want to cash in. And they will probably divest Oatly within the next five years to buy the next trend, perhaps to a more agreeable partner so that you can once again enjoy the most delicious milk substitute out there.

I think that the majority stake of Oatly is still owned by its employees, though. If that's correct, that's kind of awesome. I mean, Blackstone probably just made a few million in the time it took me to compose this message. Not so much for Oatly's employees. So if the majority of profit sharing still goes to Oatly's employees to make a noticable difference in their lives and the lives of their families and is a drop in Schwarzman's filthy shitbucket of all that's wrong with the world, I don't know....

Other than profit sharing, Blackstone likely has zero influence on Oatly's operating procedures, etc. Hell, Schwarzman probably held his nose while his people signed the deal, but there's potentially some money to be made. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    I probably laughed harder than I should have at this one

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,010
    edited February 2021
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    Oatly CEO FTW!!
    Shitty swedish company.
    I read in Ad Age that the Oatly commercial was made in 2014 and was banned in Sweden because of some dairy lobby's political influence.

That almost makes it better. 
    I am not saying the dairy industry is good, just because I think Oatly is a hypocritical company building up a hip image using the best or one of the best ad agencies in the world (Forsman & Bodenfors) built on crumminess.

And the CEO has in all his shallowness defended the crumminess.

But yes, the ad aired in Sweden several years ago. Their whole PR strategy was at the time built on fighting the big dairy companies with some David versus Goliath-strategy.

If you have to choose between milk or Oatlys product, I say choose Oatly. Their chocolate ice cream was the bomb in Phantoms.

Lucky for us here IN WONDERFUL AT THE CUTTING EDGE SWEDEN we have several options for oat (And other plant based options) milk so one can choose the one, one believes is the least crummy (or lacking knowledge  about the crummines at present).

Here are some images I made that went "viral" and Oatly had to comment on:

And I thought the super bowl ads this year was kind of lackluster in general. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,010
    edited February 2021
    Norway responds to shitty SAAB killing General Motor's Will Ferrell ad:

https://youtu.be/Mi3JQa1ynDw

https://youtu.be/akFPpOr_Gv4

Audi Norway:

https://youtu.be/otsK2M4tQI0
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options

The Ugly Truth Behind the Will Ferrell G.M. Super Bowl Commercial

https://youtu.be/RNvvvVt_628

• Options

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    THEY let Springsteen do A Jeep commercial after his DWI? Now thats silly

Love Bruce, but your another moron
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I am?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    edited February 2021
    Yeah I think that Oatley commercial was fantastic. Seems like a solid company too. 

I guess there are some good things that come from Norway after all. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Kinda interested in seeing this years commercials. Don't think I have seen any for this year yet.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    That last commercial was terrible with Brady & Damon bunch of clowns 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Didn't find many that interesting this year. The Doritos commercial was terrible and I really get sick of the old celebs hawking the sports gambling bullshit along with TB.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    like the Dr Pepper fanville "transfer portal"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    No Wolverine in the teaser :/
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    I liked “pickleball is tennis for babies; played by adults.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    tbergs said:
    Didn't find many that interesting this year. The Doritos commercial was terrible and I really get sick of the old celebs hawking the sports gambling bullshit along with TB.
    Yeah it was odd that there really wasn't much that grabbed attention. Maybe that ship has sailed.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Yeah it was odd that there really wasn't much that grabbed attention. Maybe that ship has sailed.

I think you are right. There was one commercial I laughed at though but I can't remember what it was for. I just remember one person diving out the window then diving back in. Other than that.... :neutral:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    tbergs said:

I think you are right. There was one commercial I laughed at though but I can't remember what it was for. I just remember one person diving out the window then diving back in. Other than that.... :neutral:

it was the Reese's one

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD