Options

Puscifer

gardenjamgardenjam Posts: 4
edited March 2009 in Other Music
Anyone else diggin' this band? The Mission, Momma Sed, Indigo Children, Vagina Mine...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    They aren't bad. Very different from Tool- like many of his side projects. My cousin tried to go see them in Vegas a few weeks ago, but he couldn't get tickets.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    yeah I picked up the cd. Only gave it a few listens, not really getting into it.
  • Options
    kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Did they come out with a new one lately? I had the first one and I just thought that Maynard was pulling one over on me because I didn't get it. I thought it was pretty bad actually. But since it was Maynard I just thought I wasn't getting it.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    jimH1923jimH1923 Posts: 18
    I like Puscifer. Can't wait to hear more.
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    I just thought that Maynard was pulling one over on me because I didn't get it.

Hahaha that's awesome! Don't worry, I didn't like it (or some would say "get it") either. I'd still give 'em a shot if there's a new album.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Good stuff 8-)
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 855
    Cuntry Boner kicks ass, and is funny as hell. :lol: Check it out on youtube.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    "Momma Sed" live from the first Vegas show is up on their website (:::Puscifer:::). Nice... I lucked out and bought 2 front row VIP tickets to the show at Club Nokia on April 4th. Includes a meet and greet with the band, wine tasting, a signed bottle of Maynard's wine and a signed poster. I love what Maynard is doing right now.
  • Options
    Reviving this old ass thread to get people's thoughts on Existential Reckoning. 

I love it. Like the last two albums, there are some songs that i like less than others, but the songs I like, I REALLY like. 

Highlights for me are Bread & Circus, Underwhelming, Bullet Train to Iowa, Your Own Personal Prometheus & Bedlamite. 

I love how they change up their sound from album to album... Keenan, Mitchell & Round seem to have some great chemistry. 
  • Options

I love it. Like the last two albums, there are some songs that i like less than others, but the songs I like, I REALLY like. 

Highlights for me are Bread & Circus, Underwhelming, Bullet Train to Iowa, Your Own Personal Prometheus & Bedlamite. 

I love how they change up their sound from album to album... Keenan, Mitchell & Round seem to have some great chemistry. 
    You know I have yet to listen to one of their albums?
  • Options

I never got into the 1st album, but Conditions of My Parole hooked me. They also change up their sound from album to album which I dig... ER has a lot of synths, which I wouldn't normally go for, but Matt Mitchell is a pretty damn good writer & producer.

If you're looking for something Tool adjacent, I wouldn't bother. 
  • Options

I never got into the 1st album, but Conditions of My Parole hooked me. They also change up their sound from album to album which I dig... ER has a lot of synths, which I wouldn't normally go for, but Matt Mitchell is a pretty damn good writer & producer.

I want good music in general.  If I want Tool I listen to them.  If I want Zeppelin I don't listen to Greta Van Fleet.
  • Options

I want good music in general.  If I want Tool I listen to them.  If I want Zeppelin I don't listen to Greta Van Fleet.
    Touche. 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    There's some thoughts on Existential Reckoning at the end of this thread:
    Me, I find it way too synth heavy. Puts me to sleep before I can finish it. I much preferred Money $hot.

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,650
    Totally agree with the comment above 
  • Options
    Didn’t realize there were multiple threads. 

Thanks.