DP13DP13 Posts: 269
edited December 2015 in Given To Fly (live)
Post edited by DP13 on

Comments

• Every negative thing you have said is exactly right.

There should be a one poster limit.
    RC:SD 06241998//ET:WI 06271998//MP:MN 06301998//AH:MI 10072000//ET:WI 10082000 (ICEBOWL)//CB:IA 06132003//SL:MO 10052004//CHI:IL 05162006//SP:MN 06262006//SP:MN 06272006//CHI:IL 08212008
  • i just know im going to get fucked out of my poster at both shows i go to.

it kinda sad. im not into bitching about what the band or 10c does, but, yes a 1 poster limit ( which i always thought was in place ) would be nice.

and fuck it, i dont care that the other 12 posters i have are "super rare".

im never going to sell them. just want one from every show i go to.

anyway, thats my rant for the day.

sorry.
    peace, love.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    posters, posters, posters...I've been collecting them since 1995... and now, I am done. I went to the last 2 chicago shows, I didn't even see a poster, and I didn't miss any of the opening act...
    if you are in it for the $$, they are NOT rare anymore, they will not be worth anything now that the demand is so high...
    kinda sad in a way, but it is just a poster!
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    pjtaper wrote:
    if you are in it for the $$, they are NOT rare anymore, they will not be worth anything now that the demand is so high...

Sorry, but my econ 101 class was a while ago....isn't usually: high demand = high price? Or did you just mean supply is high?
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    Boy out of all the stuff I posted I didn't think that the post about the posters would get the attention!
    Chicago night one is the worst poster ever. Now I see why every show didn't have a poster in past tours.
  • dthomasdthomas Posts: 99
    My wife and I were talking about #15 but figured I'd get yelled at here for mentioning that. I was thinking of coming out with The Pearl Jam Diet video. Like what songs to work out to.

I agree with everything else too. But there WAS a 1 poster limit. I had to go up to buy one next to my wife. She couldn't buy two herself.

Also I need a night 1 and am looking to trade a night 2 for it. I get posters of every show I go to. Just nice to have. And they look good in my home office. Don't want to spend $80 on ebay.
    30+ Shows over 15 years
    http://www.fightingthesuburbs.com
  • RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 294
    Night one
    -great set-low light, new songs
    -poster was so-so but who it is about makes up for it
    -being behind taller people sucks
    -eddie ramblings are great
    Night two
    -Even better set-footsteps, I'm Open, ALIVE with the crowd, Crown of Thorns
    -poster was great
    -better seats(more forward and no tall people)
    -more eddie ramblings
    -seemed eddie flubbed some lyrics
    Both nights were great, can't wait to but the boots and frame Night 2 poster
  • leatherman_8leatherman_8 Posts: 107
    a8l wrote:
    2. A guy in the 10c line complaining at the window in front of me that his seats were not acceptable because his number was XXXX.

I have also witnessed this, and I don't think there is anything more annoying.
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
    a8l wrote:
    2. A guy in the 10c line complaining at the window in front of me that his seats were not acceptable because his number was XXXX.

I have also witnessed this, and I don't think there is anything more annoying.
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
    anyone have any thoughts on Ed's obvious neglect to mention the Jacket?
  • efrotenefroten Posts: 67
    a8l wrote:
    anyone have any thoughts on Ed's obvious neglect to mention the Jacket?

i dunno. i dont think he always mentions the opener. but it would have been nice. considering they are fucking amazing, and they should be doing some shit together on stage.
  • a8l wrote:
    6. A guy in row 5 or so both nights wanted to thank Ed for a tambourine he got at that hob show... by scrawling it on a used napkin and holding it above his head for 48 hours straight.

i saw this on nite one. he was there the 2nd show as well?

god. what a fucking tool. seriously. if i were behind this doucheface, id have ripped the goddam napkin up so's i could see the band
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    i saw this on nite one. he was there the 2nd show as well?

god. what a fucking tool. seriously. if i were behind this doucheface, id have ripped the goddam napkin up so's i could see the band

sheesh. what in god's name is wrong with people? (I mean Mr. Tambourine Man, not you) :)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    what are whales up front?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    iluvcats wrote:
    what are whales up front?

Someone please answer this one! I can't wait to hear the responses.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Joanne wrote:
    Someone please answer this one! I can't wait to hear the responses.

I know what it means. I wanted to hear their explanation. Not nice.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • AmentsArmyAmentsArmy Posts: 78
    It was a great show, period.
    Rapid City - June 23rd, 1998

"I will hold the candle, till it burns up my arm..."