My Uncle and Charles Manson

2»

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    This is a fascinating story! Thanks for sharing it, Chris. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • This is a fascinating story! Thanks for sharing it, Chris. 
    NP.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Awesome story, I hope somehow you find those letters... I'm sure they would be incredible to read. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    just finished reading this. charlie was a sociopathic con man almost from day one.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    just finished reading this. charlie was a sociopathic con man almost from day one.

Try and find his original record out there.  It's worth a fortune.
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    Pretty wild! I’ve found that whole Manson/Mindhunter stuff to be really interesting. Especially the Manson cult and its relationship to the era it occurred in.

For a few years I worked closely with people who were either getting ready to be released, or who had been recently released from correctional facilities here in MN. Repeat sex offenders, murder one convictions, theft,  you name it. In all the dealings, I only met one person who made me very, very uncomfortable.  A textbook sociopath. Even the others in my program, hard guys, didn’t want to be around this guy. He’s now serving life in a federal prison for interstate kidnapping and attempted murder of a US Marshall.

My husband watched Gary Heidnik for a long time. Also guarded the Narducci  brothers and some high level Muslims as well. He said Heidnik was the most deranged he ever worked around. Said  you could see the insanity in his eyes. 
    So we got that new Discovery streaming package and we were watching Most Evil where killers are rated 1-22 as most evil. Our friend (not really just who my husband guarded) Gary Heidnik was rated a 22!! We just looked at each other!  My husband certainly knows his evil killers!  
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    We watched the Movie "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" last night.  Excellent!  I had no idea how it would end and just loved the way it went.  Oh, if only.
    Image result for once upon a time in hollywood

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.