The Pizza Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    GlowGirl said:
    Alfredo Sauce on pizza does make me want to hurl.
    Said I would try it, since I will try most foods to see if they taste good, but not much in this thread has seemed worse.  (A Hawaiian pizza, perhaps.)

Which one(a) do you want to barf from looking at?

I actually like Hawaiian pizza if done right. The combination of sweet and salty is great. I would never get a whole pie but once in a while I like a slice. The place where I got those two slices from that  I just posted does a good one. It is the same crispy crust. They haven’t had one out lately though to get a slice from. They told me that since business is down they are really only making their best sellers for slices. I agree that bad Hawaiian pizza sucks. I have had it with doughy crust and where the pineapple juice makes the cheese gelatinous. But I tell you if you get a good one it is really good. 

I will take your word for it.  
    I'd try a piece if someone swore by it but I historically think it is not good.
    A buddy in college would always order one of the pies with those toppings, thinking he would get more since others didn't like.
    I would just push the pineapple back into the other pieces and hot sauce the pizza.
    That fucker.  :lol:.    
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    GlowGirl said:
    Said I would try it, since I will try most foods to see if they taste good, but not much in this thread has seemed worse.  (A Hawaiian pizza, perhaps.)

I actually like Hawaiian pizza if done right. The combination of sweet and salty is great. I would never get a whole pie but once in a while I like a slice. The place where I got those two slices from that  I just posted does a good one. It is the same crispy crust. They haven’t had one out lately though to get a slice from. They told me that since business is down they are really only making their best sellers for slices. I agree that bad Hawaiian pizza sucks. I have had it with doughy crust and where the pineapple juice makes the cheese gelatinous. But I tell you if you get a good one it is really good. 

A buddy in college would always order one of the pies with those toppings, thinking he would get more since others didn't like.
    I would just push the pineapple back into the other pieces and hot sauce the pizza.
    The luau pie that the guy in my town makes is killer (pancetta, pineapple, smoked jalapeños). I’m a convert with that one. The only other time I remember having tasted a Hawaiian slice, I think I may have vomited afterward. Those were the days before 10-years of NYC street meat gave me a cast-iron stomach, though. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:

The luau pie that the guy in my town makes is killer (pancetta, pineapple, smoked jalapeños). I’m a convert with that one. The only other time I remember having tasted a Hawaiian slice, I think I may have vomited afterward. Those were the days before 10-years of NYC street meat gave me a cast-iron stomach, though. 

I'd try that - pancetta and smoked jalapenos sounds amazing.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

Sausage, onion and giardiniera. Go Bears! 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    it's funny to me how mcgruff balked at the idea of an alfredo sauce as the base, with chicken and pineapple as the toppings, yet seems to drool over vomit-inducing pie pictures posted here. :lol:
    Say what?! Which ones are you talking about?

I only visit this thread occasionally, but there have been many that I have seen commented on with "wow, that looks amazing" and in my head it's been "that looks like you just grabbed it out of a dumpster". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    it's funny to me how mcgruff balked at the idea of an alfredo sauce as the base, with chicken and pineapple as the toppings, yet seems to drool over vomit-inducing pie pictures posted here. :lol:
    Say what?! Which ones are you talking about?

I only visit this thread occasionally, but there have been many that I have seen commented on with "wow, that looks amazing" and in my head it's been "that looks like you just grabbed it out of a dumpster". 
    Give me an example Mr. Winnipeg.  By the way too each their own.   All pizza is great but New Jersey pizza is the best.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Mr. Winnipeg? did I win a pageant? LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:

“10 years of street meat”?

whoa! :tired_face: your secret is safe with me. NTTAWWT.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:

“10 years of street meat”?

whoa! :tired_face: your secret is safe with me. NTTAWWT.
    “But I proved that I’m no sissy!”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    edited January 2021
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:

My ex and I had a luau pizza on speed dial at a local pizza joint. Although we would tweak the recipe. Regular bacon, not ham or Canadian bacon and always had them add jalapeno peppers. It was the perfect combination of sweet, salty and spicy.
    Post edited by hauntingfamiliar on
    edited January 2021
    Went Sicilian and bar pie tonight.   Sooo good.  

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    ^ Damn that looks good. I may get a pie here shortly. What is a bar pie? The square cut cheese? 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    My favorite Long Island pizza. Saverios of Massapequa

best ingredients, super light, great wood oven flavor. Place is in a Pork Store, real authentic Italian style

one Margherita DOP (imported tomatoes, Buffalo mozzarella etc)

one A la vodka

amazing..

nutella n marshmallow fried dough... great as well 

bbiggs said:
    ^ Damn that looks good. I may get a pie here shortly. What is a bar pie? The square cut cheese? 
    Like real thin crust.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Like real thin crust.  
    Thought so. That’s kind of like how our thin crust square slices are called tavern cut. 
    CROJAM95 said:
    My favorite Long Island pizza. Saverios of Massapequa

best ingredients, super light, great wood oven flavor. Place is in a Pork Store, real authentic Italian style

one Margherita DOP (imported tomatoes, Buffalo mozzarella etc)

one A la vodka

amazing..

nutella n marshmallow fried dough... great as well 

This is not even fair. Those are some of the best looking pizzas I’ve seen. They don’t make them on that level here. 
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Pizzas looking 🔥 tonight!

Rk and crojamm with some killer looking pizzas!!!
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rk and crojamm with some killer looking pizzas!!!
    Agree. Wow. Both look great. Definitely getting pizza now 
    It was amazing during the Packers/Rams game

its such a niche place, tiny lil wood oven in the corner of a pork store... I think it was on one of the food network shows

they have only a set amount of dough per day... if they run out, they run out even if it’s mid day

lil more expensive than most places, totally worth it.
    CROJAM95 said:

its such a niche place, tiny lil wood oven in the corner of a pork store... I think it was on one of the food network shows

they have only a set amount of dough per day... if they run out, they run out even if it’s mid day

How were the cannolis?
    mcgruff10 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

How were the cannolis?
    It’s fried dough with Nutella/marshmallow ... more like a zeppoli

really good, different for sure. 

• Vegan Kebab Pizza and a lager

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Vegan Kebab Pizza and a lager

Goddamn it, S_C! :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

Did you slip and spill your salad onto your pizza?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:

Did you slip and spill your salad onto your pizza?
    Bla bla
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414

Not even vegan cheese SC??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo said:

Vegan cheese and vegan kebab.  (Not worth the price though. The other pizzeria is better, but a few blocks further away and it was snowy)

This is how a "real" kebab pizza is made in Sweden, here is a picture of one not vegan:

Iceberg sallad owns. 

edited January 2021
    23scidoo said:

Vegan cheese and vegan kebab.  (Not worth the price though. The other pizzeria is better, but a few blocks further away and it was snowy)

This is how a "real" kebab pizza is made in Sweden, here is a picture of one not vegan:

Iceberg sallad owns. 

Who knew pizza from Canada could look so good.  Spiritual what da fuck is that? Like do they serve that in jail or maybe at orphanages? ;)
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    My favorite plain in town.  Love the $10 Tuesday night deal!