Bigger sell-out? Snoop or Ice-T?

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
even with snoop hanging with martha stewart, it’s gotta be ice.

only in america :murica:
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    what would have them do, keep living the street personality once they have all of that money?

I like Ice, Snoop makes me laugh but I do not take him seriously.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • what would have them do, keep living the street personality once they have all of that money?

What about Ice Cube?  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    what would have them do, keep living the street personality once they have all of that money?

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.
    If we take Wobert's question to be around who does more cheesy, unexpected, bs for a wad of money I don't think there are many people in the same category as the d-o-double-g. 

Don't begrudge any of them the opportunity to make as large a stack of dough as they can.

As actors I think that T tops them both, although Cube has certainly done some good movies. 

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.
    If we take Wobert's question to be around who does more cheesy, unexpected, bs for a wad of money I don't think there are many people in the same category as the d-o-double-g. 

Don't begrudge any of them the opportunity to make as large a stack of dough as they can.

As actors I think that T tops them both, although Cube has certainly done some good movies. 

T for playing a fucking pig.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.

He is good in that role!
    I think he is good in most roles.
  • what would have them do, keep living the street personality once they have all of that money?

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.

Cube is full of shit.  He's been acting like a tough guy for years.
  • dankind said:

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.

He is good in that role!
    Best line ever said in a movie goes to Ice-T.

"I wanna shoot you so bad, my dicks hard!"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.

He is good in that role!

The only acting I've seen from Ice T is in the Breakin' movies and New Jack City.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.

He is good in that role!

The only acting I've seen from Ice T is in the Breakin' movies and New Jack City.
    He was in a movie called Trespass with Ice Cube and Bill Paxton that was pretty good too. Nothing beats New Jack City though. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    LukinFan said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.

He is good in that role!

He was in a movie called Trespass with Ice Cube and Bill Paxton that was pretty good too. Nothing beats New Jack City though. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGy5tp_CDU0
    This isn't to insinuate he's a sellout but....Snoop's new Corona commercial is bad. Bad meaning bad, not bad meaning good (:insert JMJ scratch:). He's usually suave-smooth and funny but his persona in the commercial is so concocted that it's cringe worthy. I guess the point of it was for his to be a caricature of himself, but still.
  • jjflash said:
    This isn't to insinuate he's a sellout but....Snoop's new Corona commercial is bad. Bad meaning bad, not bad meaning good (:insert JMJ scratch:). He's usually suave-smooth and funny but his persona in the commercial is so concocted that it's cringe worthy. I guess the point of it was for his to be a caricature of himself, but still.
    We all on our telephoneses, lol.
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.

He is good in that role!

Never saw Ricochet? 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    If by "sell out" you mean who is most removed from their initial presentation to the public, it would be Snoop. The guy was on trial for murder, and now is a game show host. Ice-T is a thrash metal singer and rapper who hit mainstream with the Copkiller song has played a detective on TV for 20 years. 

But I can never fault anyone famous for making money however they are presented to do it. That's the goal when you try to get famous.
  • hihobibo said:
    If by "sell out" you mean who is most removed from their initial presentation to the public, it would be Snoop. The guy was on trial for murder, and now is a game show host. Ice-T is a thrash metal singer and rapper who hit mainstream with the Copkiller song has played a detective on TV for 20 years. 

But I can never fault anyone famous for making money however they are presented to do it. That's the goal when you try to get famous.
    I do consider Cube to be a sell out because he was merely acting the whole time and trying to be tuff.
    hihobibo said:

I do consider Cube to be a sell out because he was merely acting the whole time and trying to be tuff.
    Cube was acting tough? The dude wears a permanent frown. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan said:
    hihobibo said:

It's all an act man, lol. He went to a San Fernando High School...
    LukinFan said:
    hihobibo said:

I guess he's been an actor all his life.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan said:
    LukinFan said:
    hihobibo said:

I guess he's been an actor all his life.
    He did take on Eazy E's gangsta persona.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Gottagetthatpaper. 20 dollars to my m.#!$er fu.#er name ain't gonna keep that juice flowin.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Laid back...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    have you seen the cop killer shilling for CarShield? :lol:

jjflash said:

very, very bad. there’s another guy in those corona beach commercials.....goofy looking dude....am I supposed to know who that guy is?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Pete Townshend and his 2,869 car commercials using Who songs
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Wobbie said:

On his Twitter, Ice-T hinted that he might own a piece of that company. So makes sense for him to use his fame for profit.
    Wobbie said:

jjflash said:

very, very bad. there’s another guy in those corona beach commercials.....goofy looking dude....am I supposed to know who that guy is?
    Hmm, I'm not sure which guy you're talking about. In the same commercial as Snoop or different Corona commercial altogether??
    jjflash said:
    Wobbie said:

jjflash said:

Hmm, I'm not sure which guy you're talking about. In the same commercial as Snoop or different Corona commercial altogether??
    I think it’s Bad Bunny or something like that
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

jjflash said:
    Wobbie said:

jjflash said:

different, but still on the beach. not tony romo. I know who he is.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

What about Ice Cube?  

Cube is pretty cool.

Cube is full of shit.  He's been acting like a tough guy for years.
    I made the mistake of following him on twitter for a bit. quickly unfollowed. oh my god he talks like he's a gangster from the street. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i wouldn't call Snoop a sellout. the guy has been all about the money since the beginning. he's never made any bones about it. i would consider someone selling out if they started out by criticizing people like that and then cashed in. he's been wanting to cash in since he was a puppy. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

"puppy" :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11