Ever Get Threatened By A Washed Up Rock Star? A Thread

2»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    thanks. gives a little window into how it's easily plausible the family of the dead lead singer isn't exactly at fault here. 

i still find it really odd how he unblocked me from him personal page, then removed me from following the band page, but i'm not blocked on either. maybe because on instagram if you block someone, you can't see their posts either? maybe he wants to see if i make further posts about him. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    What on earth?! Dude, that is kind of scary. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited January 2021
    What on earth?! Dude, that is kind of scary. 
    to be honest, i was kind of shaken at first, and coincidentally, the only reason I at first hesitated in calling him out is that I knew he had my name and address, but thought "what are the odds he'll do something nutty with that?". LOL. but i've calmed down to realize he was most likely just really angry at me for calling him out publicly like i did. but hey, you rip me off and refuse to respond? expect to be called out. maybe he's gotten away with it with others, who knows. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

he just sent me another message:

take down my photo. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

take down my photo. 
    A “friend” would say please. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

take down my photo. 
    lol. i'm on the fence about acquiescing. i want to be the bigger person, but seriously, the day after he told me he was coming to my house to "visit"? this guy is delusional. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    dankind said:

take down my photo. 
    lol. i'm on the fence about acquiescing. i want to be the bigger person, but seriously, the day after he told me he was coming to my house to "visit"? this guy is delusional. 
    I don’t want to throw fuel on the fire but he posted a pic on instagram last night with a caption about how bad it is to wake a sleeping dog. Ordinarily I wouldn’t bat an eye but in light of your experience I’m utterly baffled.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    dankind said:

take down my photo. 
    I don’t want to throw fuel on the fire but he posted a pic on instagram last night with a caption about how bad it is to wake a sleeping dog. Ordinarily I wouldn’t bat an eye but in light of your experience I’m utterly baffled.
    could be harmless. could be meant for me. who knows. it's actually a cute picture, lol. maybe that's his motivation for unblocking me....so I'll see these passive aggressive posts (but i don't follow him-i had to search for it). i hesitate to think this is all about me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    so this just got weird. he just messaged me:

dave: i have 3 months to live. i know your address. i am going to come see you soon. 
    me: are you out of your mind? i'll be contacting the police with this threat
    dave: threat? what threat i want to meet you before i die. see you soon buddy. (heart)
    me: is this what you do to everyone who speaks up when you try to rip them off?
    dave: oh hush now my dear friend, you know how special you are to me. you are making me blush. think nothing of it! it's on my bucket list. 
    damn, that's sad...and weird as hell
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    this just took a VERY unexpected turn. he just asked me to take the pic down again, ending with "please". I said "i will if you answer why you took my money and then refused to answer my legit and polite requests for a shipping update". he said "I'm sick. lung cancer. not looking good. everyone got a refund". (which is a lie, i had to go through my credit card company). 

i then asked "what was with the i know where you live business?". he said "alcohol". and then apologized for everything. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

this just took a VERY unexpected turn. he just asked me to take the pic down again, ending with "please". I said "i will if you answer why you took my money and then refused to answer my legit and polite requests for a shipping update". he said "I'm sick. lung cancer. not looking good. everyone got a refund". (which is a lie, i had to go through my credit card company). 

i then asked "what was with the i know where you live business?". he said "alcohol". and then apologized for everything. 
    Man, I’m starting to get whiplash, lol. I want to stick to my usual policy of giving the benefit of the doubt but I really don’t know what to think anymore.

If he is suffering from cancer then I honestly hope he’ll get better but if he’s lying about that fuck him. And there’s not really any way to confirm either way.

no, you're right, there isn't. it was such an about-face. it was shocking to me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

he said he's going to get his wife to send me my stuff. not sure why he'd do that, since i already got a refund. i'm a little wary of opening a package from him, to be paranoid/honest. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

he said he's going to get his wife to send me my stuff. not sure why he'd do that, since i already got a refund. i'm a little wary of opening a package from him, to be paranoid/honest. 
    Don’t blame you one bit for your apprehension.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

Obviously no way to know for sure about the cancer, if its true its very sad, but not a valid excuse for some of his behavior. The alcohol part is certainly believable, Maybe also some other factors at play but not going to speculate.
    Anyway glad he apologized, this thread is quite a read. I wouldn't worry about opening a package, cause my guess is it never actually gets sent.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

Obviously no way to know for sure about the cancer, if its true its very sad, but not a valid excuse for some of his behavior. The alcohol part is certainly believable, Maybe also some other factors at play but not going to speculate.
    Anyway glad he apologized, this thread is quite a read. I wouldn't worry about opening a package, cause my guess is it never actually gets sent.
    yeah, I'll be shocked if he sends it. I'm betting no as well. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    And this thread gets more insane...

What picture did you have up that he asked to take down?

And he wouldn't lie about having cancer, right? Fuck. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan said:
    And this thread gets more insane...

What picture did you have up that he asked to take down?

And he wouldn't lie about having cancer, right? Fuck. 
    just a picture he posted of himself on instagram. i found it on google, and saved it and posted it. you can't post anything to instagram without a picture. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    edited January 2021
    Hugh buddy, this is fucking crazy. Has a Lance Mercer vibe to it, but without the weird visitation threat.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Hugh buddy, this is fucking crazy. Has a Lance Mercer vibe to it, but without the weird visitation threat.
    yeah, lol, kind of threw me for a loop, that's for sure. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• He got me for $107 and has ignored all messages via email, Facebook, Instagram, etc. he blocked me from his personal page on IG today. So I made a huge post calling him out on Facebook. When one of my friends jokingly asked for his info, Dave posted it himself. His address and phone number. Then when I asked him to give me a reason why he’s ripping people off, he went silent. 
    He got me for $107 and has ignored all messages via email, Facebook, Instagram, etc. he blocked me from his personal page on IG today. So I made a huge post calling him out on Facebook. When one of my friends jokingly asked for his info, Dave posted it himself. His address and phone number. Then when I asked him to give me a reason why he’s ripping people off, he went silent. 
    i have no reason to believe or not believe him; just a hunch, but i don't believe the cancer angle. he just seems like a slime. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fun fact: Cancer doesn't cure sociopathy.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    dankind said:
    Fun fact: Cancer doesn't cure sociopathy.

it just might amplify it.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Holy shit this is insane.  Did you contact the police where he is located?  They would at least make a visit and ask if he's serious to put the fear of the law in him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Holy shit this is insane.  Did you contact the police where he is located?  They would at least make a visit and ask if he's serious to put the fear of the law in him.
    no, i didn't think it was necessary, and his "threat" wasn't explicit. I actually looked it up to see if it was worth it. if i receive any packages from him, i may take a different route, however. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD