Ever Get Threatened By A Washed Up Rock Star? A Thread

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
edited January 2021 in Other Music
a lovely friend on the forums alerted me to the fact that the person running The Four Horsemen's webstore (Dave, the guitarist) has had it, and is running a going out of business sale. Everything on the site (mostly cd's, dvd's, but also a sweet double vinyl of Nobody Said It Was Easy) is 60% your total order. just use code VINCE at checkout. 

I bought it all, and got the 60% off. it's legit. 

www.thefourhorsemen.com 
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

Comments

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    I hope people can take advantage of this, they were one helluva rockin’ band! Admittedly, they were a bit of an anti-grunge act, lol.

One thing to clarify about the vinyl, I believe the second pressing was on black vinyl (not stated on the website but supported on discogs, lol).

Sadly this probably means no vinyl for the second album, but with what I saw happening on the Facebook page (death threats were alleged among other things but that post has disappeared) I can’t blame Dave Lizmi for getting fed up.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    he got death threats? WHY?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

he got death threats? WHY?
    I don’t really know many details (Lizmi names names in the disappeared post), but it seems there’s bad blood coming from Frank Starr’s family. The labels of white nationalist and Nazi were directed to Starr’s family, I don’t know how much goes to Lizmi’s vehemently anti-Trump posts (kept to his personal profile however).

Some of the back and forth I did see was downright nasty, such as allegations that Lizmi never visited Starr in hospital which led to the retort that Lizmi helped keep Starr alive prior to the motorcycle accident. One of the worst parts is it seems to be Starr’s daughter instigating much of this.

holy shit
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

holy shit
    Yeah, really sad to see, hopefully things settle down. I’m just going to try and put it out of my mind and keep rocking out to the music.

Hot Rod-Rock My Universe-Back In Business Again remains my favourite 1-2-3 punch on any album ever (though I realized years later that Hot Rod is a side 1 track and the others side 2, so not sure how that messes with my assertion, lol).

ordered all the stuff october 27th. nothing yet. found dave on instagram. he claims "shipping next tuesday". dude, that's a long time to get to the PO. fuck. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

ordered all the stuff october 27th. nothing yet. found dave on instagram. he claims "shipping next tuesday". dude, that's a long time to get to the PO. fuck. 
    Sorry to hear that and apologies to anyone else that's encountering this (since I was the one that let Hugh know about the sale).  I haven't ordered in a while but if I remember correctly it wasn't quick but wasn't this slow either.  I hope it's just a matter of him being a one-man operation and being swamped with orders. I hope everyone gets their orders soon!

Sorry to hear that and apologies to anyone else that's encountering this (since I was the one that let Hugh know about the sale).  I haven't ordered in a while but if I remember correctly it wasn't quick but wasn't this slow either.  I hope it's just a matter of him being a one-man operation and being swamped with orders. I hope everyone gets their orders soon!
    thanks. i commented on one of his instagram posts about it, as politely as i could, and he nearly immediately responded "kindly dm me". and he was typing to me before I even started responding to him. 

so far it sounds legit. we shall see. he confirmed i'll be getting an email shipping confirmation on tuesday. if i don't i may contact visa. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

and to be clear, i don't begrudge you whatsoever. if he doesn't deliver that's on him. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

and to be clear, i don't begrudge you whatsoever. if he doesn't deliver that's on him. 
    I appreciate that, thanks, I just feel a bit responsible (having given the heads up), I didn’t think anything was directed at me but I do appreciate your clarification.

I continue to hope everyone’s orders arrive!

dave lizmi is officially a shyster. I contacted him via instagram a few weeks back. he assured me my stuff would be shipped the following tuesday, at which point i'd get a shipping confirmation. none came. I have messaged him multiple times, VERY politely, which I know he's seen, since then, garnering zero response. 

I finally told him last night in my last message to him that I'd be contacting my credit card company to cancel my charges. 

what a dick. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dave lizmi is officially a shyster. I contacted him via instagram a few weeks back. he assured me my stuff would be shipped the following tuesday, at which point i'd get a shipping confirmation. none came. I have messaged him multiple times, VERY politely, which I know he's seen, since then, garnering zero response. 

I finally told him last night in my last message to him that I'd be contacting my credit card company to cancel my charges. 

what a dick. 
    Damn, I’m really sorry to hear that, if I ever get the opportunity to rip files of the bonus disc from the vinyl I’ll be sure to send them to you.

One of the worst parts of this is how Lizmi continues to post pictures of his new dog and various guitar pedals when he should be meeting his obligations to his customers (and presumably fans).

what a dick. 
    Damn, I’m really sorry to hear that, if I ever get the opportunity to rip files of the bonus disc from the vinyl I’ll be sure to send them to you.

One of the worst parts of this is how Lizmi continues to post pictures of his new dog and various guitar pedals when he should be meeting his obligations to his customers (and presumably fans).
    that's what lead me to the conclusion I reached about him either not caring or being downright criminal. I see how active he is. he's certainly not in any bad way or unable to complete his obligations. he's obviously just a dick. I saw someone else mentioned in a comment about "now I see why it takes you so long to respond to dm's". So I'm certainly not the only one. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

he's a sack of shit, and a crook. after demanding he refund me, he blocked me. and i wasn't even an asshole about it. what a loser. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    he's a sack of shit, and a crook. after demanding he refund me, he blocked me. and i wasn't even an asshole about it. what a loser. 
    Fuck that sucks. Is it too late to dispute the charges? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan said:
    Fuck that sucks. Is it too late to dispute the charges? 
    i hope not. i'll be calling my credit card company today. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

called my cc company. i'll see my refund in a few days. when i gave her the date of the transactions, she said "the four horsemen ones", I said "yeah, how did you know?". she said "you aren't the fist complaint about them". 

what a POS that guy is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

called my cc company. i'll see my refund in a few days. when i gave her the date of the transactions, she said "the four horsemen ones", I said "yeah, how did you know?". she said "you aren't the fist complaint about them". 

what a POS that guy is. 
    Glad to hear you’ll get your refund, I didn’t know it was widespread enough that the cc company’s familiar with the band name. Truly disappointing when (one of) one’s favourite bands turn out this way, but I’m going to keep listening to them for Frank and Dimwit, trying to push Lizmi out of my mind.

Yeah, it kind of wrecks the band for me a bit, but probably will be fine in the long term. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

what a POS that guy is. 
    So good to hear that you're getting a refund. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:

what a POS that guy is. 
    i also shamed him on instagram a few days ago, serving as a warning to anyone else who might want to buy off him. he finally saw it last night and commented "WTF?". I couldn't believe he had the audacity to react. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

LukinFan said:

what a POS that guy is. 
    i also shamed him on instagram a few days ago, serving as a warning to anyone else who might want to buy off him. he finally saw it last night and commented "WTF?". I couldn't believe he had the audacity to react. 
    People like that drive me crazy. Hopefully your warning will help someone else out. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    LukinFan said:

what a POS that guy is. 
    People like that drive me crazy. Hopefully your warning will help someone else out. 
    i also posted about it on their facebook page. I doubt it will be up long. but if even a few people see it and don't buy, then it's worth it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2021
    so this just got weird. he just messaged me:

dave: i have 3 months to live. i know your address. i am going to come see you soon. 
    me: are you out of your mind? i'll be contacting the police with this threat
    dave: threat? what threat i want to meet you before i die. see you soon buddy. (heart)
    me: is this what you do to everyone who speaks up when you try to rip them off?
    dave: oh hush now my dear friend, you know how special you are to me. you are making me blush. think nothing of it! it's on my bucket list. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

and then he unblocked me from his personal account. wtf?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

wtf? Seriously strange...

Yeah, it kind of wrecks the band for me a bit, but probably will be fine in the long term. 
    this post didn't age well
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hope you know some Trump fan guy carrying types to call for protection from that psycho.  That message would have me moving.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    he's in maryland and i'm in manitoba. zero teeth behind it. if i get any mail from MD, or anything unmarked, i'm going to report it to canada post. but that's it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    That's wacky and sad in so many ways. 
    Sorry bud.