Options

Things that represent the year 2021

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,673
As Mick Jagger once said, "Well aaaaaaaaaaaalright!"  Here we go: 2021.  Lets see what'cha got!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381

• Options
    Hobbes said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaright!  We're off to a good start here!
    Remember, good people, wooley mulein, and lambs ear leaves (to name a few) make for good t.p. substitutes!

:plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,449
    edited October 2023
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    tish said:
    HAHA. Cute thread B.

Glad you like it, Tish.  I figure, no matter what 2021 has in store for us, good or bad, a little fun and laughter always helps us along the way. 

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676
    trump will only be president for 19 days and 12 hours this year
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    tish said:

This is terrific!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options

tish said:
    I like hughbaby's better. Those flowers make me smile. Great message of hope!

Yeah, I agree, it's great!  It reminds me of something that happened AGES ago.  When I was a senior in high school I was in a class that was kind of open ended and we were encouraged to come up with our own creative project.  Right at the beginning of that semester, I began my first serious relationship with a girl who was a a couple years younger than me who was in the same class and we spend all of our spare time together.  We never came up with much of a project, but she was the first person in my life- a really amazing young lady- who really had a sense of what was going on in the world and I learned so much from her.  In my mind, that counted for a lot.  I'm not so sure the teacher agreed, but oh well, that's OK.

So anyway, another classmate in that course put together a project that included showing slides of urban images along with recorded music.  The presentation was called "The Persistent Seed."  Many of the images reflected the results of human impact on the world- crowding, pollution, industry, destruction.  But the final image was amazing similar to Hugh's daisy coming up out of a crack in the pavement.   How marvelous to see so similar an image of hope.  I dig this SO much!  Thanks, Hugh-man!

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    my pleasure, folks. i think part of it is that I need to think of it this way for my own mental sustainability. i've been pretty good the last 9 months. the covid fatigue is starting to set in on me, finally. i need this to be over. or at least the arc trending in that direction. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    my pleasure, folks. i think part of it is that I need to think of it this way for my own mental sustainability. i've been pretty good the last 9 months. the covid fatigue is starting to set in on me, finally. i need this to be over. or at least the arc trending in that direction. 

Plus one, my friend.  COVID shit's getting old!

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    brianlux said:

Could not agree more.  
    Unfortunately I don't think it's over anytime soon
    😔
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

• Options
    Lizard said:
    brianlux said:

Could not agree more.  
    Unfortunately I don't think it's over anytime soon
    😔

It gotten bad around here lately.  We had a very low count for a long time but no longer.  Restaurants and other businesses have closed at least temporarily due to employees coming down with it.  I'll be so glad when we can get the vaccine!

• Options
    tish said:

Haha!  THIS!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    tish said:

Haha!  THIS!
    Speaking of that, I’m happily surprised that the Donna Chang ep of Seinfeld is still aired. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    tish said:

Haha!  THIS!
    Speaking of that, I’m happily surprised that the Donna Chang ep of Seinfeld is still aired. 

Honestly don't remember that one- I'll have to check it out.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    tish said:

Haha!  THIS!

"The rines are crossed" :rofl:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    tish said:

Haha!  THIS!

that's one of the ones that made me realize that seinfeld would NEVER be allowed to air nowadays. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    tish said:

Haha!  THIS!

that's one of the ones that made me realize that seinfeld would NEVER be allowed to air nowadays. 
    I'm amazed I can still find Rickles hosting the 70s roasts on youtube.
  • Options
    WesWilson  on Twitter And a Few More
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,270

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

So true! 
    Hoping for happiness!

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,270

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,741
    Lmao
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory