2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Strange to feel so shitty about your team making the playoffs.  Obviously Nagy isn't going anywhere but they still need to fire Pace.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Agreed.  After getting whipped by Green Bay (expected) I have a hard time getting excited about a playoff berth.  Making the playoffs will just secure everyone's job which will keep us on the same path of mediocrity. 
  • Bears 23

Saints 20

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Saints 35
    Bears 13

I would like it if the Bears won, though.  Put in BDN and let him work his playoff magic if you fall behind.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Predictable outcome. Wims not even getting his hands on that perfectly thrown ball changes the whole momentum of the game. Bad football. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    Predictable outcome. Wims not even getting his hands on that perfectly thrown ball changes the whole momentum of the game. Bad football. 
    Can't argue this. More boneheaded penalties again...one after another. Love the multiple offsides penalties in a nearly empty stadium. This team is shit. The organization is a freaking joke. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    do you hang a 2020 playoffs banner at soldier field?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Wobbie said:
    do you hang a 2020 playoffs banner at soldier field?
    That's an Indy move, not a Chicago move.

This weekend we rock Portland
    Well they actually hung in the game longer than I thought they would.  Maybe things would have been different if Wims caught that ball.  Anthony Miller is a complete asshole.  Guy never stops talking shit and he sucks.  Another guy that Pace traded up for in the draft that turned out to be trash.

Will be interesting to see if they actually make significant changes.  At the very least, Pace needs to go.  He cannot be in charge of picking another QB.  He just can't.  I don't know what to think about Nagy.  The offense has been garbage but Mitch is just not a good QB.  Hard to see them getting rid of him with playoffs 2 out of 3 years and no worse record than 8-8.  And the players do play hard for him.....the last 2 seasons could have easily spiraled completely out of control but he seemed to hold the team together.  They're just stuck in NFL purgatory where they're not bad enough to be a complete disaster but also not good enough to seriously contend.  Brutal.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Well, glad that is over.
    mca47 said:
    Well, glad that is over.
    Kind of. Looks like Pace and Nagy will return while Pagano is out.  :s
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Loser organization retaining these two.  Shows me they have no interest in winning.  Pagano retired so that’s a separate topic. 
    Unbelievable.  The fact that they're going to let Pace try to pick another QB is absolutely insane.  Sell the fucking team already.  
    Unbelievable.  The fact that they're going to let Pace try to pick another QB is absolutely insane.  Sell the fucking team already.  
    This ^.
    They'll find some QB from some school who they think can fit Nagy's ridiculous, scheme-y, bullshit offense and we'll be stuck with him for the next 2-3 years.  And unless he's polished, which only a couple college QBs are, and those won't fall down to the 20th pick, we'll have Foles or some other guy who's been on 5 teams starting so the kid can learn.
    Then they won't draft an OL until like the 6th round, and when the kid starts, he'll get killed and have nobody to throw to.
    I wonder how many Tight Ends they'll draft next year.

It is sad that McCaskey and Phillips don't hold anyone accountable.  When someone consistently under performs on the job (in any profession), they should get let go.  Not at Halas Hall though.  They seem to reward mediocrity.  Can't wait to see who this dumb shit drafts in April. 
    bbiggs said:
    It is sad that McCaskey and Phillips don't hold anyone accountable.  When someone consistently under performs on the job (in any profession), they should get let go.  Not at Halas Hall though.  They seem to reward mediocrity.  Can't wait to see who this dumb shit drafts in April. 
    It's sad that George McCaskey doesn't hold Ted Phillips accountable.  Maybe it's time to give another one of the idiot McCaskey's a shot at running things.
    bbiggs said:
    It's sad that George McCaskey doesn't hold Ted Phillips accountable.  Maybe it's time to give another one of the idiot McCaskey's a shot at running things.
    Absolutely right. 
    mca47 said:
    This ^.
    They'll find some QB from some school who they think can fit Nagy's ridiculous, scheme-y, bullshit offense and we'll be stuck with him for the next 2-3 years.  And unless he's polished, which only a couple college QBs are, and those won't fall down to the 20th pick, we'll have Foles or some other guy who's been on 5 teams starting so the kid can learn.
    Then they won't draft an OL until like the 6th round, and when the kid starts, he'll get killed and have nobody to throw to.

It really is unbelievable that they are willing to let Pace draft/sign/trade for another QB.  Trusbisky, Glennon, Foles.  Holy shit.  But I guess he has to hit on a QB out of sheer luck at some point, right???

Another crazy thing to me is that they haven't re-signed Robinson or Cairo Santos.  It looks like they finally found themselves a kicker but they haven't signed him long term yet.  I don't get it.  And the Robinson thing sounds like such a mess.....they dicked around and didn't get it done in time so now he has all the leverage.  I bet they'll end up giving him the franchise tag at this point.
    mca47 said:
    This ^.

It really is unbelievable that they are willing to let Pace draft/sign/trade for another QB.  Trusbisky, Glennon, Foles.  Holy shit.  But I guess he has to hit on a QB out of sheer luck at some point, right???

Another crazy thing to me is that they haven't re-signed Robinson or Cairo Santos.  It looks like they finally found themselves a kicker but they haven't signed him long term yet.  I don't get it.  And the Robinson thing sounds like such a mess.....they dicked around and didn't get it done in time so now he has all the leverage.  I bet they'll end up giving him the franchise tag at this point.
    You'd think, but then you remember how many starting QB's they have had since Favre became the starting QB in Green Bay. Maybe it's something beyond luck at this point. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    So, you guys excited about these Carson Wentz rumors?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Nope. I'm not too excited about much of anything relating to the Chicago Bears right now.
    Not at all. I’d expect him to come here and look like the 2020 version of Wentz. The Bears will do it though. Who needs Deshaun Watson when you can have Wentz? Smh 
    bbiggs said:
    Not at all. I’d expect him to come here and look like the 2020 version of Wentz. The Bears will do it though. Who needs Deshaun Watson when you can have Wentz? Smh 
    Watson isn't happening.  Even if Texans do end up trading him, Bears don't have assets and draft picks to get it done.  Don't love the idea of Wentz but don't hate it either.  Main rumor I saw was 1st round pick, Foles and Cohen for Wentz and a 2nd round pick coming back.  That's really not too bad...will be interesting to see what happens.  QB carousel is going to be wild this offseason.
    bbiggs said:
    Watson isn't happening.  Even if Texans do end up trading him, Bears don't have assets and draft picks to get it done.  Don't love the idea of Wentz but don't hate it either.  Main rumor I saw was 1st round pick, Foles and Cohen for Wentz and a 2nd round pick coming back.  That's really not too bad...will be interesting to see what happens.  QB carousel is going to be wild this offseason.
    Yeah, I saw that rumor too.  Foles, Cohen and a 1st.  No...fn...way!  Their guy had one really good year...playing on a good team...busted his ACL and our guy stepped up and won them their SuperBowl.
    That package with a 3rd?  Ok.  Might even consider a 2nd.  But a 1st?  Get the fuck outta here!
    I gotta say....I think it happens and I think it happens soon.

#RW3inChicago
    I gotta say....I think it happens and I think it happens soon.

#RW3inChicago
    While it will be awesome to see Wilson as the Bears QB, I'm not sure about not having a single draft pick for the next 10 years.  
    But yeah, I do think they need to do something big.  
    It would be incredible if they got Wilson but why on earth would Seattle trade him???  He's only 32 and they're coming off a 12-4 season.  It's not like Wilson is saying he'll refuse to play for Seattle like Watson is with the Texans.  
    It would be incredible if they got Wilson but why on earth would Seattle trade him???  He's only 32 and they're coming off a 12-4 season.  It's not like Wilson is saying he'll refuse to play for Seattle like Watson is with the Texans.  
    I still don't see it happening. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    fuck russell wilson.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Wobbie said:
    fuck russell wilson.
    As a 49er fan, I may have uttered that more than a few times over the years.