Options

R.I.P Leslie West

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
Oh man, this is painful.  Another great is gone.
I remember talking to this guy in a music shop once.  He told me he had been to a music trade show recently and all these dudes in various booths had all this big fancy gear.  As he was walking around, he heard this great guitar sound in another both and when he got to it, there was Leslie West playing his guitar through this little practice amp.  The guy said, "Even with just that little amp, West had the fattest sound in that whole show.  It was awesome!"

A very sad loss.  R.I.P. Leslie West.

Mountains Leslie West Who Belted Mississippi Queen Dead at 75 -  Rolling Stone
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    He wrote a song that will Iive on forever.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited December 2020
    Like the pic with his old ashtray V. 

RIP. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    RIP, Leslie. Long may you rock. MS Queen....such a bada$$ song and enduring gift he left.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    brianlux said:
    Oh man, this is painful.  Another great is gone.
    I remember talking to this guy in a music shop once.  He told me he had been to a music trade show recently and all these dudes in various booths had all this big fancy gear.  As he was walking around, he heard this great guitar sound in another both and when he got to it, there was Leslie West playing his guitar through this little practice amp.  The guy said, "Even with just that little amp, West had the fattest sound in that whole show.  It was awesome!"

A very sad loss.  R.I.P. Leslie West.

Mountains Leslie West Who Belted Mississippi Queen Dead at 75 -  Rolling Stone
    Kool story, Brian.