"Are You" traveling for Thanksgiving this year? Are you getting tested to do so?

124»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    tish said:
    ^sorry, speedy. Hang in there!

Its a drag.

Everyone knows how much I thoroughly LOVE the entire Holiday Season. I love everything about it. But nobody says you MUST celebrate it on Dec. 25th. Right? Why cant I put up a Christmas tree in July and celebrate with the family?

Actually, I think it will be a HOOT! hahahahaha

my wife's brother's ex-wife's family used to do christmas in july every year. that way they could be sure there no conflict with other in laws and such and everyone could be together and celebrate for like a week on the farm. they loved it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    tish said:

Its a drag.

Everyone knows how much I thoroughly LOVE the entire Holiday Season. I love everything about it. But nobody says you MUST celebrate it on Dec. 25th. Right? Why cant I put up a Christmas tree in July and celebrate with the family?

my wife's brother's ex-wife's family used to do christmas in july every year. that way they could be sure there no conflict with other in laws and such and everyone could be together and celebrate for like a week on the farm. they loved it. 

I would love to have Christmas be in the summer time.  Nobody in my family or in-laws are crazy about the idea but it makes more sense to me.  To my way of thinking, winter is the time for holing up, wood-shedding, having more time to hunker down and be creative, reading, sleeping, watching movies- not all that running around (in a normal year), shopping, and all the fuss of getting bundled up to go out to some big to-do. 

Not that I'm a Grinch.  I'm good with the idea of summer Santa!
    Amazoncom Hand Wooden Customizable Sticker Summer Santa Claus Christmas  Mele Kalikimaka Aloha Stickers for Personalize 3 pcsPack Home  Kitchen

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    tish said:

Its a drag.

I would love to have Christmas be in the summer time.  Nobody in my family or in-laws are crazy about the idea but it makes more sense to me.  To my way of thinking, winter is the time for holing up, wood-shedding, having more time to hunker down and be creative, reading, sleeping, watching movies- not all that running around (in a normal year), shopping, and all the fuss of getting bundled up to go out to some big to-do. 

Not that I'm a Grinch.  I'm good with the idea of summer Santa!
    Amazoncom Hand Wooden Customizable Sticker Summer Santa Claus Christmas  Mele Kalikimaka Aloha Stickers for Personalize 3 pcsPack Home  Kitchen

i actually like it the way it is. in the climate i'm in (see: igloo), xmas functions and obligations give you something to take your mind off your extremities turning blue. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,439
    ^nice visual