Options

Any Powderfinger fans out there?

13»

Comments

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    On my second listen. Bloody brilliant! Wow! Daybreak is incredible! I'm trying to place each song across their various catalogue, does the booklet say which sessions these are from? I guessed the first track was from the Vulture Street sessions, kinda obvious! The rest I'm a bit scattered. Also $30 shipping to the US is a bit steep to order, hopefully it will come to American retailers down the line. Would love to have this on vinyl!
    Check your messages I sent a photo of the album songs with the dates of when the songs were recorded. 
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 996
    BALLBOY said:
    How great a band they were/are when these gems are not up to their standards for an album. Hidden gems like this is the music I live for 
    Could be a testament to the reported in fighting that brought the band down ultimately. I mean, these are probably songs that were fought over for inclusion on their records and didn’t make it. Sounds like for the first time in a long time, this compilation was something they all agreed on. Though initially I think they said it would be a double album. Would have LOVED that! 
    There is a Q&A on YouTube about why they were not included on any album's & the term "throwing toys out of the pram & cot" was mentioned a few times. You never would of known about the tensions between them cause they knew how to deal with it & were not attention seekers
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    BALLBOY said:
    BALLBOY said:
    How great a band they were/are when these gems are not up to their standards for an album. Hidden gems like this is the music I live for 
    Could be a testament to the reported in fighting that brought the band down ultimately. I mean, these are probably songs that were fought over for inclusion on their records and didn’t make it. Sounds like for the first time in a long time, this compilation was something they all agreed on. Though initially I think they said it would be a double album. Would have LOVED that! 
    There is a Q&A on YouTube about why they were not included on any album's & the term "throwing toys out of the pram & cot" was mentioned a few times. You never would of known about the tensions between them cause they knew how to deal with it & were not attention seekers
    https://youtu.be/52L5EYsuNrI

https://youtu.be/Aiit_YZ-IW4
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    ONE YEAR OF 'ONE NIGHT LONELY'
    Can you believe that one year ago this Sunday we premiered ONE NIGHT LONELY?

After more than 10 years apart, we came together (from afar) to lift spirits and raise awareness and funds for important mental health support services. And with your kindness and support, we collectively raised over $500,000 for Support Act and Beyond Blue.

It was a truly overwhelming result and we had a lot of fun, and from the response, you guys did too!
    To celebrate the first anniversary of the show, this Friday 21st May we will release a super-limited edition vinyl version of ‘One Night Lonely’. Limited to 2305 copies, the record is hand numbered and presented on silver vinyl with a bonus track of Bernard performing ‘Whatever Makes You Happy’.

We know a few of you were pretty keen to get your hands on a vinyl copy as a keepsake of the moment. So we hope you love this....!

You can pre-order your super-limited edition vinyl version of ‘One Night Lonely’ HERE!

Relive the moment on YouTube HERE.

We will also be adding 'Whatever Makes You Happy' to your favourite streaming platforms! Which you can listen to HERE.

We have a range of new One Night Lonely merch and bundles, which you can take a look at HERE!
    A lot has happened in the world since ONL and we are still in this pandemic, but hopefully, if you’ve been struggling with your mental health you’ve made the call to our mates at Beyond Blue or Support Act. -  there’s no shame in making that call.

Love,
    PF

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    goldrush said:

After more than 10 years apart, we came together (from afar) to lift spirits and raise awareness and funds for important mental health support services. And with your kindness and support, we collectively raised over $500,000 for Support Act and Beyond Blue.

It was a truly overwhelming result and we had a lot of fun, and from the response, you guys did too!
    To celebrate the first anniversary of the show, this Friday 21st May we will release a super-limited edition vinyl version of ‘One Night Lonely’. Limited to 2305 copies, the record is hand numbered and presented on silver vinyl with a bonus track of Bernard performing ‘Whatever Makes You Happy’.

We know a few of you were pretty keen to get your hands on a vinyl copy as a keepsake of the moment. So we hope you love this....!

You can pre-order your super-limited edition vinyl version of ‘One Night Lonely’ HERE!

We will also be adding 'Whatever Makes You Happy' to your favourite streaming platforms! Which you can listen to HERE.

We have a range of new One Night Lonely merch and bundles, which you can take a look at HERE!
    A lot has happened in the world since ONL and we are still in this pandemic, but hopefully, if you’ve been struggling with your mental health you’ve made the call to our mates at Beyond Blue or Support Act. -  there’s no shame in making that call.

Love,
    PF

Ordered! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 996
    goldrush said:

Love,
    PF

Ordered! 
    On the way 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    This is a pretty cool piece of Powderfinger-related news.

The Predators - Ian and JC, along with Steve Bishop (PF's original drummer) - have an album coming out, 15 years after their 'Pick Up The Pace' EP came out. I haven't listened to that in years, I'll have to dig it out.

Three of the members of Aus rock legends Powderfinger have come together to release the first music of their side project The Predators - 16 years after first forming.

The group - comprising of guitarist Ian Haug, bassist John 'JC' Collins and drummer/vocalist Steve Bishop - came together during a Powderfinger hiatus in 2004, but it took a pandemic and lockdown for the trio to finally get music out into the world.

"It was a very therapeutic and cathartic experience for me making this music," Bishop said of the process. "In the midst of COVID lockdowns, with people I admire and relate to on a primal musical level, on material we had been trying to record for a number of years."

He continued, "To steal off JC, 'Some people have a ski lodge in the Swiss Alps or a fishing hut off Bermuda to seek solace in, The Predators had Airlock studios' where we could feel comfortable to bare our souls and put it down on data file (tape is more romantic, but too old school)."

The band have shared their second single, Taking Fire, and announced a huge show at Brisbane's The Triffid this Friday, to launch their debut album, Everybody Loves. The group will also head to The Outpost on 15 December to further celebrate the launch.

https://youtu.be/LvST-M9n7dU

https://youtu.be/K2VAfVTlw9U

(Tim Rogers)