Just a shout out to Matt Cameron

drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
What is there to even say? He’s artful, he’s classy, he’s cool, he’s powerful...  Matt Cameron is the man. 
COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11

Comments

• RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    MFC!
  • edoconedocon Posts: 300
    +1
  • epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 642
    He is Awesome! 
    Makes sitting behind the stage doable
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    He is the MVP of Gigaton in my opinion. And then Jeff...those bass lines...DAMN
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 781
    Another thing on Matt-he's now played on six Pearl Jam albums, one more than the other drummers combined. Love them all but wanted to shine a light on this as well and thank him for keeping the band together since 98.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    JT167846 said:
    Another thing on Matt-he's now played on six Pearl Jam albums, one more than the other drummers combined. Love them all but wanted to shine a light on this as well and thank him for keeping the band together since 98.
    I hadn’t put that together. Amazing. No question he’s been the glue since 98. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11

He is the MVP of Gigaton in my opinion. And then Jeff...those bass lines...DAMN
    I hear that. I mean they’re all on some other level on this one but talking about  MFC specifically, he just shines.  Some of the noises he’s making don’t seem possible 😂
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253
    Total badass.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    JT167846 said:
    Yes. I no longer think of Spinal Tap when I go through all of their drummers. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Matt Cameron is the man

great drummer.  Great guy.  Classy dude.  
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Like how Ament verbally bitch-slapped everyone (including Simmons) about how Matt has been in the band for 23 years and he’s still known as the “5th drummer”.  
    The “bring back Dave A.” morons still exist mind you. Made the mistake of looking at Facebook. Even some “Bring back Jack Irons” whackos. 
    Anyways... Jeff shut that conversation down pretty quick. It amazes me that none of these geniuses realize MFC didn’t just show up and join the band in 1998 like he didn’t know anybody. They played together on one whole album (TOTD) and in the instrumental demo provided to EV... the drummer was Matt Cameron.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Like how Ament verbally bitch-slapped everyone (including Simmons) about how Matt has been in the band for 23 years and he’s still known as the “5th drummer”.  
    The “bring back Dave A.” morons still exist mind you. Made the mistake of looking at Facebook. Even some “Bring back Jack Irons” whackos. 
    Anyways... Jeff shut that conversation down pretty quick. It amazes me that none of these geniuses realize MFC didn’t just show up and join the band in 1998 like he didn’t know anybody. They played together on one whole album (TOTD) and in the instrumental demo provided to EV... the drummer was Matt Cameron.

Yeah the band members probably view Dave and even Jack the way someone that’s been married for 20 years view someone they dated for a few years when they were in their 20’s. They’re married to Matt. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Yeah the band members probably view Dave and even Jack the way someone that’s been married for 20 years view someone they dated for a few years when they were in their 20’s. They’re married to Matt. 
    Exactly. Does anyone like their ex’s being brought up constantly? Move on for chrissakes lol

It was all light hearted.  

It was all light hearted.  
    Nah I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure they are tired of it. Simmons got the hint and moved along pretty quickly. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588

Exactly. Does anyone like their ex’s being brought up constantly? Move on for chrissakes lol
    Well, this one chick, she could do this thing....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Well, this one chick, she could do this thing....
    Yeah I taught her that thing you like 😎

Since Matt played on the Momma Son tape you could make an argument for him being the original drummer 😁 Actually I'd love to get my Super Deluxe edition of Ten signed by the band and all the past drummers. They actually all had something to do with Ten: Matt being on Momma Son, Jack giving it to Ed, Dave K playing on Ten, Matt Chamberlain touring for a few weeks and being in the Alive video and Dave A touring it. That'd be an awesome thing to have (especially if Ed made it out to me haha).

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    Very impressed with Matt on this record.  His drumming definitely stands out on a lot of the songs. 
    He brought some high level shit.  
  • OMG the drums toward the end of River Cross are simply stunning, like otherworldly.  Matt Fuckin Cameron kills it!
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    MVP on this album! Finally brought the Soundgarden chops to PJ and I'm so thrilled.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Matt is a hippy. The dude is king in my books. Never a question about it. What a ride!
  • SgoifoSgoifo Posts: 20
    Take the Long Way is a killer MC tune!!! One of the best on the album IMO. 
    This is a backbone album.  

Matt and Jeff really stand out. 
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Is he the most versatile drummer alive now that Pert has passed on?

He does hard rock to Jazz,  he is a human drum machine
    Josh Freese might have something to say about that.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JT167846 said:
    Josh Freese might have something to say about that.
    Good point!  He’s played for just about everyone. It’s actually just wild that he’s still with the Vandals. 

I’m also a HUGE Danny Carey fan.  I mean besides Neil Peart I’ve never watched a drummer live and my attention is just constantly drawn to what is going on at the drum kit.  But all three of these guys are amazing. 

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Happy Birthday Matt! Thanks for being cool every second of every day. You inspire me!
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    Hail, hail MFC...thank you for being awesome and keeping the PJ machine chugging along.