Options

The Biden Administration

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
Whats the number one thing you hope the new administration will tackle? For me I hope we do something about climate change before its too late,if its not already. 

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    I want them to make sure someone like tRump can't reek havoc on our system ever again.  That's priority #1
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    They need to undo everything the current administration did to undo previous administrations policies, treaties, agreements, etc
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    joseph33 said:
    Whats the number one thing you hope the new administration will tackle? For me I hope we do something about climate change before its too late,if its not already. 
    That one is huge in my book, for sure.
    They need to undo everything the current administration did to undo previous administrations policies, treaties, agreements, etc

^^^ As is this, especially as Trump is doing everything he can to subvert the Biden/Harris administration before it even gets off the ground.  SO far, the new administration is doing a fine job of putting together an solid group of leaders.  From what I've read, the latest appointee, Janet Yellen as head of the Treasury Department appears to be a solid choice. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    number 1 get the virus under control.

number 2 climate change

number 3 get back into the who and the iran deal

number 4 prosecute the shit out of trump and his family and his enabler. make an example out of them. i would even like to see them turn trump over to the hague for crimes against humanity for the way he handled climate change and covid.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2020
    End racial injustice surrounding weed prohibition by legalizing marijuana federally and commuting the sentences of anyone currently incarcerated for marijuana related crimes.
    If this doesn’t get done this time around, then I will assume all of the anti-racism rhetoric from democrats is just smoke and mirrors and that they are all racists for supporting racist “criminal justice” policies.  And anyone that voted for them are racist too (that’s how that works, right?).
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Presidents can’t fix every little thing. Much needs to done at the local level. 

Anyway...my hopes for any presidency?

Don’t raise taxes
    Keep the country safe and secure
    Ensure the economy doesn’t tank
    KEEP YOUR FUCKING WORD (and in Joe’s case, try not to slur them)
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    PJPOWER said:
    End racial injustice surrounding weed prohibition by legalizing marijuana federally and commuting the sentences of anyone currently incarcerated for marijuana related crimes.
    If this doesn’t get done this time around, then I will assume all of the anti-racism rhetoric from democrats is just smoke and mirrors and that they are all racists for supporting racist “criminal justice” policies.  And anyone that voted for them are racist too (that’s how that works, right?).
    Yes
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden