Options

The first Tuesday after the first Monday in November

JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
We made it!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don’t know if I should cue Barry Manilow, or toss my beret in the air while I twirl =)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    hedonist said:
    I don’t know if I should cue Barry Manilow, or toss my beret in the air while I twirl =)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    I hate election day.  Such a long, long day.  Particularly this year when I anticipate going to bed not know much of anything.  Maybe if Lindsey loses, I'll sleep a bit better.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    hedonist said:

:lol:

I don’t know how successful I’ll be, but I’m going to do my damnedest to avoid most things election-related today. 

Even my damn Fitbit app reminded me!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

I don’t know how successful I’ll be, but I’m going to do my damnedest to avoid most things election-related today. 

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    one for each ballot cast....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

I think that cat needs FitBit
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

I think that cat needs FitBit
    And an exorcism 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    leave the devil, take the walk
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I'm wearing my lucky election day shirt today...

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    edited November 2020
    I woke up this morning and said, naaa, I'm not ready to face this day, and pulled the blankets over my head and went back to sleep.
    An hour later I woke and and did the same thing.
    Another hour later I woke and and decided there was only one thing to do about the anticipation...

:coffee:  :coffee:  :coffee:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Is anyone getting any work done today? I took tomorrow off since I know tonight will be a late one no matter what, but I am getting absolutely nothing done at my desk today. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Is anyone getting any work done today? I took tomorrow off since I know tonight will be a late one no matter what, but I am getting absolutely nothing done at my desk today. 

I'm working on an ulcer.  What a nerve wracking day (week?) this is going to be!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    JimmyV said:

I'm working on an ulcer.  What a nerve wracking day (week?) this is going to be!

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    JimmyV said:
    I've been about 50% efficient. The last 20 minutes has been devoted to the Talking Heads and the previous 30 before that was Springsteen on Broadway. Time to devote the next 30 minutes to emails!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    JimmyV said:
    I've been about 50% efficient. The last 20 minutes has been devoted to the Talking Heads and the previous 30 before that was Springsteen on Broadway. Time to devote the next 30 minutes to emails!
    Springsteen on Broadway makes me think of him doing some kind of weird emotive dance, replete with jazz hands.

As to “work”, my husband’s at it as usual.

I’m watching mindless tv and doing my nails.

Our cat gives not a shit. He only cares about food and affection :)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:
    me neither. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

What you having tonight for the buzz?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

What you having tonight for the buzz?
    Oh man. I almost wrote brandy and a few bowls.  Old habits, eh?

BROWNIE and a few bowls ;)

And YOU?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Just my smoke tonight, I think I’m going to put my headphones on listen to tunes and tune this election out! Not liking what I’m seeing I don’t wanna get to depressed 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Just my smoke tonight, I think I’m going to put my headphones on listen to tunes and tune this election out! Not liking what I’m seeing I don’t wanna get to depressed 
    Chill for now. Nothing we didn't expect yet. Florida is a wet dream, but not surprising if it is red.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Yup, I’m turning on, tuning in (NOT to politics) and dropping the hell out!
  • Options
    I am many drinks in. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    I am many drinks in. 
    rough morning. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    speaking of the title of this thread, any idea why the founders not only chose this day, but that specific wording?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    speaking of the title of this thread, any idea why the founders not only chose this day, but that specific wording?

"Congress chose the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November to harmonize current electoral practice with the existing 34-day window in federal law, as the span between Election Day and the first Wednesday in December is always 29 days."

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options

• Options