The Cardigans

SlowFadeSlowFade Posts: 75
edited February 2007 in Other Music
anyone else here love this band? I can't stop listening to "long gone before midnight" and "super extra gravity"......"long gone...." has some of the best sad songs ever.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• One of the most underated bands. One hit wonder they are not.

Just rediscovered them about a year ago when I downloaded "Long Gone Before Daylight". I then found "Super Extra Gravity" and it was one of my favorite CD purchases of 2006. Her voice cannot be matched. Too bad they didn't tour the states.
  • All i ever heard was that "love me" song. It was pretty catchy but i've never checked out any of their other stuff. Aside from that song, what is their others stuff like?
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • All i ever heard was that "love me" song. It was pretty catchy but i've never checked out any of their other stuff. Aside from that song, what is their others stuff like?

eh...if you liked that one(which I don't) download/buy gran turismo, gone before daylight, or super extra gravity.....all are very different mood recrods, but all awesome...you won't be dissapointed
  • SlowFade wrote:
    eh...if you liked that one(which I don't) download/buy gran turismo, gone before daylight, or super extra gravity.....all are very different mood recrods, but all awesome...you won't be dissapointed

Eh, being a catchy song and being a song i like are two different things i guess. Thanks though.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Very underrated band. I think they're still quite big in Europe and especially Denmark. The only reason this band is deemed a one hit wonder over on this side of the atlantic is that the rest of their music doesn't sound anything like their biggest hit single, Lovefool. The rest of the music I've heard of theirs, from First Band on the Moon, Gran Turismo and some of their newer work is actually quite quirky and eccentric. Not to everyones taste, but I like it.

That lead singer of theirs is fucking hot. I remember reading a short interview with her in Rolling Stone, probably ten years ago, and she said that one of her favorite things to do is just go to a bar, drink whisky and smoke. I don't know why, but that's just sexy.
    I've got to admit, it's getting better.
  • AND I NEED SOME FINE WINE AND YOU, YOU NEED TO BE NICER

https://youtu.be/huobAY7gl30
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    I saw them open up for Beck on the Odelay tour. They were the firt band that played at my first concert. I think it was either 1996 or 1997. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2