Options

Help with workout music, please.

hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
I don't know much about the technicalities of music times and the like, so please help me out if you can.

I'm doing daily workouts for physical therapy (and my own sanity), and most of them require longer movements, vs. cardio.

I've been using songs like Everlast's Ends and Watch Me Shine, or the Gorillaz' Clint Eastwood.  That kind of rhythm.

What is it called?  And if anyone could recommend something that might fit that cadence, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    For cardio, I find that Dixieland (early Satchmo, Bechet, etc.) puts a little spring in my step. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I used a lot of Satchmo when I was sans PT and unknowingly further fucking up my back.

Too fast, too fast!
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    edited September 2020
    When I was powerlifting it was But nothing metal/ hardcore. Lots of Slayer, Pantera, Misfits, stuff like that.

Now that I’m more into running/conditioning, I’ve found ambient music to the ticket. The latest NIN Ghost albums (Together and Locusts) are great. Explosions in the Sky, Tycho are a few others. Found it helps me zone out and clear my head while trying to not get fat.
  • Options
    So if you like that Gorillaz tune/album, That draws on a lot of Dub reggae with hip hop beats which is the essence of a lot of trip hop music.

In that vein, you may enjoy Massive Attack's Mezzanine. It's a very dubby album with really big aggressive guitar. 

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,945
    edited September 2020
    unless you meant time signature or bpm which is 4/4 and around 80 beats per minute, respectively, for Clint Eastwood
  • Options
    Google says 84 bpm

• Options
    Yes, the time signature thing!  I know nothing about it =)

I'll try the suggestions, Tim and jer.
  • Options
    So if you like that Gorillaz tune/album, That draws on a lot of Dub reggae with hip hop beats which is the essence of a lot of trip hop music.

In that vein, you may enjoy Massive Attack's Mezzanine. It's a very dubby album with really big aggressive guitar. 

Just want to thank you, Tim. I only used the first track but it was perfect (and I liked the vibe too).