Options

Miley Cyrus threatens to ruin Radiohead...ha ha ha!!

jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
edited March 2009 in Other Music
check out this article, it just makes me respect Radiohead that much more.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... -tantrums/
PJ:
2003 Mansfield: July 2
2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
2005 Montreal: Sept 15
2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
2010 Boston: May 17
2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    “When Miley grows up, she’ll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement.”

whether it was the band or their manager who said it, it needed to be said...to her and that twat kanye

i'm not a big fan of radiohead's music, but they've earned much respect for not kissing these moron's asses

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Miley Cyrus is a dumb bitch hahaha. Her, ruin Radiohead.....hahaha.
    They'll never work in this town again!!
  • Options
    She'll grow up one day and look back on this and realize how childish it was to get upset. Kids will be kids.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Haha, well obviously it was childish, but I still have to comment....

hahaha....

Even if for some insane reason I liked her and i was in her demographic i'm pretty sure i would have lost all respect for her.

but why would i like her in the first place? Because she is Billy Ray Cyrus' semen?
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    She should really get those dad issues worked out.

Having a daughter, nieces and seeing how so many other tweens and teens adore her, makes me despise this bitch. She is singlehandedly promoting super whoredom for 10 year olds.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    As if I needed a reason to love Radiohead more... nice work, Thom!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    This is the best thing since Avril Lavigne claiming to be the next Johnny Rotten lol :lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I think Radiohead must have broken her Achy Breaky Heart and I just don't think it understood.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Lulz. First they are her 'rock gods' and then when they don't talk to her she wants to ruin them? Lulz. Grow up dear.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    jervin007 wrote:
    I think Radiohead must have broken her Achy Breaky Heart and I just don't think it understood.
    :lol:

nice one!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Screw her...only reason I pay any attention to her is because I'm waiting for her to turn 18 and do Playboy.

And I doubt a musician like her would find Radiohead to be her rock gods...considering they haven't been explicitly rock for about 12 years now. Didn't she love metal a few months ago, too?
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    Someone needs to feed that girl a line of Cocaine! :twisted:
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    I absolutely loathe that whole teeny Jonas Brothers Hannah Montana garbage that pollutes the children of America, but in all honesty, what the hell did Miley do wrong here?

It seems the only ones being twats were Radiohead. "We don't do that." Are you fucking kidding me, this is how you treat fans?

If Pearl Jam had done this to someone on this board, they'd be burning all their albums right now, but because it was Miley Cyrus, its fair game?

Wrong, a fan is a fan, and I guess when Miley grows up, she can ditch that "sense of entitlement" and become an elitist instead like Radiohead.

"We don't do that." Fuck off.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    I absolutely loathe that whole teeny Jonas Brothers Hannah Montana garbage that pollutes the children of America, but in all honesty, what the hell did Miley do wrong here?

It seems the only ones being twats were Radiohead. "We don't do that." Are you fucking kidding me, this is how you treat fans?

If Pearl Jam had done this to someone on this board, they'd be burning all their albums right now, but because it was Miley Cyrus, its fair game?

Wrong, a fan is a fan, and I guess when Miley grows up, she can ditch that "sense of entitlement" and become an elitist instead like Radiohead.

"We don't do that." Fuck off.
    `

emm, theyre notoriously shy and were preparing for a live set with an orchestra. what gives. u think people who just stroll up to the dressing rooms before a show deserve to be met out of politeness? they could have been practicing, writing, arguing, preparing - god knows what - but they werent sitting around posing like Cyrus & Kanye would be at an awards ceremony thats certain.

maybe the band probably have a blanket rule on this stuff that they tell staff to enforce no matter who's asking to meet them?

what Cyrus did wrong was go on the radio bitching about them afterwards.
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I want to know how she plans on ruining them? That's hilarious :lol:
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Three musical entities I could give two s**** and a f*** about in one dispute . Can someone please snub the Jonas Brothers so we can add them to the mix. That way we could settle the feud with a tag team celebrity death match.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    jimH1923jimH1923 Posts: 18
    Someone needs to play the Bill Hicks stand-up about his T.V. show idea.... Called "Let's Hunt And Kill Billy Ray Cyrus".
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 146
    Kerrang

Miley Cyrus is continuing to keep one foot planted in the rock and metal world at the moment; after recently revealing that her upcoming album She Is Miley Cyrus is partly inspired by Metallica, now the popstar is set to go grunge with a Pearl Jam cover for a new live performance.

Taking part in MTV Unplugged Presents: Miley Cyrus Backyard Sessions this Friday, the singer will be covering a wide range of material from her back garden in Los Angeles. As well as taking on an as-yet-unannounced Pearl Jam track, Miley will perform songs by Britney Spears and The Cardigans, as well as her own discography.

Read this: Pearl Jam’s Ten: The evolution of a classic

Of course, Miley famously covered Metallica and Nine Inch Nails at Glastonbury last year, as well as performing at the Chris Cornell tribute concert, I Am The Highway, several months prior. And it makes perfect sense to cover Pearl Jam for her Backyard Sessions set, given how iconic the Seattle titans’ 1992 MTV Unplugged set was (and still is). Colour us very much intrigued…