Android or iphone

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
Not interested in the pissing contest as to which you think is better. we use what we like. Just interested in the raw numbers of what platform is used.
can be another poll on brand of android later.
besides, everyone knows android rules. =)
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Android or iphone 34 votes

Android
52%
PureandEasyMayDay10markymark550alex_sclastexitlondonChazzmickeyrattbergsdimitrispearljamJimmyVGern BlanstenAsterisk on the StreetF Me In The BrainhauntingfamiliarPJ_Soulrahjiimlmckenney24West Coast Dreamgirl 18 votes
Iphone
47%
pjhawkshedonistTerryiblestuckinlineCROJAM95jwhjr17madtowndaveBrainofBGAmace1229HesCalledDyerGlowGirldankindBLACK35eeriepadaveHughFreakingDillonMeltdown99 16 votes

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Iphone
    My iPhone’s still going strong after six or seven years. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Android
    Fuck Apple, bigly.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Iphone
    Fuck Apple, bigly.
    I gotta say, I don't like being tied to only Apple products.  My husband's Google phone kicks ass.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Android
    I have the Google Pixel 3x and love it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Android
    Android all day. I've had two phones in the last eight years. I know Apple people who are spending hundreds every year to get a new phone. No way.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2020
    Have an iphone SE. Will never buy an iphone again.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JimmyV said:
    Android all day. I've had two phones in the last eight years. I know Apple people who are spending hundreds every year to get a new phone. No way.
    I know android people who are spending hundreds every year to get a new phone. No way. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • This was my first smartphone. And the coolest.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Iphone
    Here's the deal.  They're both expensive as fuck.  They both have a ton of shit on them no one will ever use.  They're both missing functionality that many people could use.  They both text, let you post to Instagram, send Snaps to your friends, retrieve email, make phone calls, set alarms, have calendars, have smart pay, etc.  You know, 99% of what most people use phones for on a daily basis.  So use whichever one you like, text your friends, post to your social media accounts, and stop perpetuating a stupid phone war.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Iphone
    been a slave to apple since my first ipod. but i'd like to switch. i have so many complaints about apple's functionality and platform, and i've heard so many people switch from apple to android, never once heard of people switching the other way. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Android
    Here's the deal.  They're both expensive as fuck.  They both have a ton of shit on them no one will ever use.  They're both missing functionality that many people could use.  They both text, let you post to Instagram, send Snaps to your friends, retrieve email, make phone calls, set alarms, have calendars, have smart pay, etc.  You know, 99% of what most people use phones for on a daily basis.  So use whichever one you like, text your friends, post to your social media accounts, and stop perpetuating a stupid phone war.
    Lol.  Touched a nerve?
    I think it is a culture way much more than. A device war 
    Oh well, a debate for another thread....we were asked for our votes!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited September 2020
    My last two phones were Apples. I don't think you can go wrong with an Apple. But when my last one started to die, I didn't want to spend a grand on a new phone. So I bought the Xiaomi 9t pro. Yeah, a Chinese Xiaomi. Cost me 340 shipped and the thing is great. Long battery, better camera than my last iphone (but not as good as the new iphones according to reviewers). But it's fast and does everything I need. For the price, I probably won't go back, although my choice of laptop will always be an Apple.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited October 2020
    Android
    in case you were wondering, 10C has an apple app. no joy for android. was attempting to illustrate how many 10C android users might prefer a functioning app on mobile as opposed to mobile browser.

but, you know,  rant on.

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Iphone
    I think I have the 7S big one, battery sucks some days but it’s pretty old. I rock the otter box, so no cracks

ive had 3 iPhones since the 1st... never had any issues expect battery slowing down after 4-5 years

android friends get new phones every year... I’m over the next big thing, I’ll roll with this one until it’s dead

i like my $70 bill vs $110 plus with new phone
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Android
    Always had Android. Current models for work and personal are both more than 3 years old. They do want I need.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Iphone
    I've had both iPhone and android...prefer the iPhone...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Android
    Fuck Apple, bigly.
    +1

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    been a slave to apple since my first ipod. but i'd like to switch. i have so many complaints about apple's functionality and platform, and i've heard so many people switch from apple to android, never once heard of people switching the other way. 

I just switched to iPhone after buying nothing but Androids (had my last Android since Dec. 2015). I'm impressed by: battery life, camera quality, sound quality. I'm alarmed by: Maps app telling me where my car is and assuming it knows where I am going before I even start my car. I LOVE the "bedtime" feature, which means I'm no longer disturbed by email notifications and calls when I'm trying to sleep. I also LOVE the fact that any calls that are NOT from contacts go straight to voicemail. If you've ever spent a sleepless night dealing with the one-ring scam, you'll like this.

I dislike that the iPhone is less intuitive to use than I expected.

But I'm comparing an iPhone...11? to a Galaxy S6, so comparisons to a current Android might be more valid.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    it’s a fucking phone. who cares?

love ya, mickey!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Old flip phone here. 

Feeling left out, boohoo.

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Iphone
    brianlux said:
    Old flip phone here. 

Feeling left out, boohoo.

:lol:
    my dad (72) also has one. he never carries it since it takes him 3 weeks to send a text. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Android
    I personally use Android, but as a web developer I have to stay up to date on both systems.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Android
    I've had both, prefer the android.  
    Iphone
    mickeyrat said:
    in case you were wondering, 10C has an apple app. no joy for android. was attempting to illustrate how many 10C android users might prefer a functioning app on mobile as opposed to mobile browser.

but, you know,  rant on.

No worries, I wasn't trying to discredit your thread or anything.  It just always cracks me up how much of a team vs team mentality goes into the smartphone world, when really no one is wrong.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Android
    mickeyrat said:

but, you know,  rant on.

No worries, I wasn't trying to discredit your thread or anything.  It just always cracks me up how much of a team vs team mentality goes into the smartphone world, when really no one is wrong.

and while I cracked yhe joke at the end, your first response showed me you didnt read what I said in the first place.

but you know, rant on.

Iphone
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

but, you know,  rant on.

and while I cracked yhe joke at the end, your first response showed me you didnt read what I said in the first place.

but you know, rant on.
    No, I did.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I've had both.  My first smartphone was an Android.  I then got an iPhone and haven't gone back (4s, 6, and now 10).
    I had an Android Galaxy (don't recall the number) work phone for a while as well.
    I can see why some might like one or the other, but I prefer Apple.
    At the end of the day, they both pretty much do the exact same thing.  Just gotta figure out which you prefer.  
    Never really understood the phone-fanboy thing.  Who fn cares?
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited October 2020
    Android
    Apple is crap because everything apple - iPads and iPhones break. I'm not buying anything else from them. It's over priced and unreliable.  I'll never get all those hours back from playing The Simpsons, as then one day the game just vanished from my save point. I was building a pier and beach boards/rafters. I had sunloungers and everything. I'll never get back to that place without putting the hours in. Damn Apple!

Oh and you cant use your friend or families old iPhone or ipad either as they are all locked to iTunes. Waste!
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on