Options

What the fuck at vendors selling more than one poster per person.

StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey assholes, FUCK YOU! I was at boston and these dipshit vendors were selling 3 and 4 posters to one person. I'm pretty sure there is a sign in the vending booth that say "One poster per person." I always get there when doors open, so I always get a poster. But it really sucks for people who get there a little latter. I noticed this a little bit at Philly, also. And seeing as the posters went in less than a half hour there, selling more than one to a person is total bullshit. Has this been going on all tour? I went to the Albany show and they seemed to be pretty strick about it there, but the last 3 show has just been a clusterfuck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    those guys don't care, for the most part they're scared of us, can you imagine not knowing what to expect and having all those rabid fans coming your way?

at albany, hartford, boston and camden people were telling them "one only" but they didn't care

I think they just wanted to get rid of them so the people would go away
  • Options
    rodrod Posts: 96
    Damn..In mexico in 2005, they will only sell you one.. and no more
    I’ll swallow poison, until I grow immune
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room

The Ocean is full Cause Everyone's Crying
  • Options
    rod wrote:
    Damn..In mexico in 2005, they will only sell you one.. and no more

I'm happy to hear that, because thats the way it is supose to be.
  • Options
    PJ2k3PJ2k3 Posts: 218
    same thing went down in camden. Look at how many are on ebay! The posters were gone in 15 minutes at all the stands!
    9/24/96, 6/14/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 9/1/00, 9/4/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/19/05, 9/30/05, 10/03/05, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 8/7/08 (Eddie solo)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    At Camden 1 ,while I waited on the line, i saw plenty of people walking away with 5, 6 or more posters.

Then, out of nowhere, a new guy came in and was holding the rule steadfast. Too bad he was too late, because plenty walked away with multiples.

Perhaps they do sell multiples hoping to sell them out faster, and not have to deal with the droves of foaming at the mouth fans.

At MSG 03, the concession personell hoarded alot of the posters, to go later and flip them on eBay.
    The poster business has grown tenfold in the last few years, perhaps it is time to reevaluate how they are sold at the shows, or perhaps thru the 10C .

good luck
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    Bastards in Cleveland did the same damn thing. I missed out on them and I was in building 15 minutes after the gates open. Saw people walkin around with 4-5 posters each. Fuckers.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    Lukin639Lukin639 Posts: 72
    Deeve wrote:
    Bastards in Cleveland did the same damn thing. I missed out on them and I was in building 15 minutes after the gates open. Saw people walkin around with 4-5 posters each. Fuckers.

Ditto!!
    All above material copyrighted, 2013, Lukin639.
    All rights reserved..most rights reserved...no rights reserved...,2013.
  • Options
    drollydrolly Posts: 41
    Deeve wrote:

Chicago too. Well, at least one of them I know for sure. After the show I watched some chump pull out a wad of them. Had them all rolled up together, at least 5 of them rolled up. First PJ shows I have EVER been to where I didn't get a poster.
    I always finish what I sta
  • Options
    Truth MachineTruth Machine Posts: 113
    Is it the rule to sell just one? Sure. Do some of these workers care about a rule that the talent has? No. If I were selling them I would sell as many as people asked for. The people are paid for what they sell, so sell I would.

Another point, if the band only wants one per person and wanted to make people happy wouldn't they simply have more posters produced? Why is it only 300 or so per show? Why not 1000? Why not truly limit how many people can get by having the buyer's ticket punched when one is bought?

I have no issues with people selling items on eBay. If one can afford to buy these items and sell them to people, more power to them.

For the record, I do not buy posters.
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • Options
    WEll if they are all selling them an e-bay then they'll have a hard time making a big profit on them beacuse they will be very common. You would have to be an idiot to buy a poster for $80+ right now. Get over it is a piece of paper.

If you are going to pay more than the retail price you might as well go all out and get the original from the artist.
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    I went to Camden both nights and they were tight on not selling more than one to each person. but that is so easy to get around. all you have to do is ask the person next to you to buy one for you if they're not getting one themselves.

i know it sucks for the people that are getting shut out and i do think it sucks that people just buy them and stick them on eBay, but there's really nothing we can do about it. i've had to get several posters for shows that I went to on eBay, well above the $20-$25 pricepoint. And to be honest, I haven't complained. They're a limited item, so some people that want them ARE going to get shut out. It sucks, but it's the way it is. Just go to eBay and bite the bullet.

There's nothing that can be done... There is always a way around the '1 per person' rule.

That being said, I do empathize with those of you that haven't gotten the posters you wanted.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    fp64fp64 Posts: 3
    it's about the music, dude, not the posters.
    fp
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,194
    I think they just wanted to get rid of them so the people would go away

True that... if I was working that merch booth (and wasn't a PJ fan), I'd be like "Here!!! Take 10, go the fuck away!!" Some of those merch guys were PISSED to be bombarded like they were...
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    It's their job to sell merchandise, if they can't handle it they should change "profession."
  • Options
    exolstice wrote:
    It's their job to sell merchandise, if they can't handle it they should change "profession."

I agree 100%. These guys are hired to do a job and they should fucking do their job right.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,194
    Stryker420 wrote:
    I agree 100%. These guys are hired to do a job and they should fucking do their job right.

I know thats ideal, but its unrealistic. I'm sure these guys are paid shit wage, and I'm not making excuses for them, I'm just saying when you're paid shit and you got people up your ass asking for POSTERS POSTERS POSTERS you don't care anymore...

Trust me, at my old job I was being paid 6.25 and I was working very hard and doing a good job and management didn't give a shit... 6.25, thats what you get, we're going to make you work overtime, work at 6 in the morning, in this hellhole of a job... so I said fuck it, I'm not busting my ass when its not being appreciated.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22