***Official Toronto 2006 Meet-up Thread***

Comments

• rideonrideon Posts: 23
    no, not quite the exact[/] same... I'm in Florida, quite the opposite georgaphically, i guess... I have to be at the airport in 5 hours and I can't fucking sleep!

Hehe, okay :D FL, not bad eh! I'm getting probably a bit of sleep won't be alot either, gotta get up at like 4 am :)
    ::: chEErs roN :::
    keep on rockin'!
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    alexs wrote:
    Help a fellow torontonian :D

Me and a friend might have to take the train to and back from Union on both nights...

It seems that the last train leaves at 1:20am.

Is this doable? I dont rememberr what time the show ended last time PJ was here...

thanks

That's what I'll be doing too...

Where are you coming from??...maybe I'll see you...

But ya I think it's possible, I had no trouble taking the GO train home from the show in September......
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • alexsalexs Posts: 5
    That's what I'll be doing too...

Where are you coming from??...maybe I'll see you...

But ya I think it's possible, I had no trouble taking the GO train home from the show in September......

Nice, thanks!

I'm coming down from Mississauga - probably will take the 3:50 bus there today. But the second day, we'll go there earlier.
    Goodnight everyone!!

I'm gonna try to get some sleep :):)

I'll see you all tomorrow!!

I can't believe it's already here.......

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    yes today is theday ...i cant believe its here already ........i am ready to here some pearl jam babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

• KricketKricket Posts: 707
    woohoooo!!! Might not get there early enough today to hit the Moose but I'll be there early tomorrow!

Enjoy the show!!!!
  • i'm freaking out man
  • Quiet RhythmQuiet Rhythm Posts: 104
    WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Todays the big day!!! I gotta finish packing but I'll see you folks at the Moose!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    My Day keeps filling up. I took one god damn day off (yesterday) and I come in to see meetings scheduled starting now until 5:30.

I'm blowing off 1 meeting to sneak over at 3 to help set up, but I have to be back for 4pm.

Not even time to eat today. I'll have to eat a $10 slice of pizza at the ACC
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    AS a guy who likes to sleep in, I woke up at 7:00 today and I can't sleep anymore.

PUMPED!
  • halksterhalkster Posts: 4
    Add me to the list. I'm coming from Kitchener. Meeting up with a buddy who's coming from Ottawa.

Have Ten Club tix but not sure how good they will be.

Guys...any recommendations on hotels nearby the ACC that are pretty affordable and that other Ten Club members are staying at? I want this to be a blast.
  • halkster wrote:
    Guys...any recommendations on hotels nearby the ACC that are pretty affordable and that other Ten Club members are staying at? I want this to be a blast.

i don't be knowing

why wait?
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    oh dear god, today's the day. the tour starts here! fuckin' eh!

my plan for the day: run errands in morning. work 12-3:30, then drive downtown. smoke some weed. pick up tix. smoke some weed. go to loose moose. drink some beer. go outside of loose moose. smoke cigarette. go back in. drink more beer. repeat 2x. pay bill. leave loose moose. smoke some weed. put pipe in car (i ain' takin' it inside the acc). wait in line. go in acc. buy merchandise. find seats. my morning jacket. PEARL JAM~!!!
  • quentin0quentin0 Posts: 12
    halkster wrote:
    Add me to the list. I'm coming from Kitchener. Meeting up with a buddy who's coming from Ottawa.

Have Ten Club tix but not sure how good they will be.

we got a place at http://www.onekingwest.com for pretty cheap (think it was $129) but we booked a couple months ago. not sure what the prices are now, but it looked nice, and its not too far of a walk.
    08/22/98 09/11/05 05/10/06 07/13/13  03/18/20 
    10/05/00 09/12/05 08/21/09 10/16/14  03/24/20
    06/25/03 09/19/05 09/11/11 05/10/16
    06/28/03 05/09/06 09/12/11 05/12/16
  • halksterhalkster Posts: 4
    quentin0 wrote:
    we got a place at http://www.onekingwest.com for pretty cheap (think it was $129) but we booked a couple months ago. not sure what the prices are now, but it looked nice, and its not too far of a walk.

Thanks quentin0. Great tip. I'll take a look and see what's available. But that's a great price.
  • aberg83aberg83 Posts: 1
    I'm from Waterloo also... I plan on driving back after the show. Traffic will be light, and I'll be home in about an hour to sleep in my own bed for free... can't get too wasted though, that's the one thing...
    It's harder than I expected to sit here in my office and work, KNOWING that the band is right accross the street.
  • Quiet RhythmQuiet Rhythm Posts: 104
    Krohn and I are coming from Kitchener, and we are staying at the bond place hotel, approx 15 mins from ACC. Dont think there are any other Ten clubbers staying there so we could use the company!

Alright folks, we are leaving town in 15 mins or so, see all of you at the moose!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    woooo hooo!!! i cant wait for tonite!!!!!!!!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
    My Day keeps filling up. I took one god damn day off (yesterday) and I come in to see meetings scheduled starting now until 5:30.

I'm blowing off 1 meeting to sneak over at 3 to help set up, but I have to be back for 4pm.

Not even time to eat today. I'll have to eat a $10 slice of pizza at the ACC

Grab one of those $1 slices in Union Station!!!!

You can get a slice and a can of pop for $2!!!

And the pizza is amazing!!!

(right across from the LCBO kind of beside McDonald's but through those doors :):))

.NJD.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    squid wrote:
    I'm pretty sure 12 pm for 10c members.

does the box office open at noon?

i thought it was 1pm last time?

anyone know for sure?
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
    does the box office open at noon?

i thought it was 1pm last time?

anyone know for sure?

One more question too.....

Can I pick up both nights today??

Or do I have to wait till tomorrow?? (which is no big deal) :)

.NJD.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    One more question too.....

Can I pick up both nights today??

Or do I have to wait till tomorrow?? (which is no big deal) :)

i'm sure we'll have to pick up each day separately.... if only we knew when.... ;)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~

(right across from the LCBO kind of beside McDonald's but through those doors :):))

Oh shit, I know where I'm eating for the next two days.

Good Call. I walk by that every day to the Go Train.
    Oh shit, I know where I'm eating for the next two days.

Ya man it's awesome za too!!!

I'm heading to school now, I'll see everyone in a few hours....I'm only going to 1 or 2 periods so I'll take the GO train down at like 2:00 or around there :):)

I'll be wearing my Blue PJ Bandwagon t-shirt and either brown shorts or jeans?? (it'll be a game time decision on the shorts) ;)

Anyway, this is my last post in this thread until I'm at the show!!!

Thanks for a wonderfull thread everybody and we'll keep it going for sure!!

Cheers

Ryan

.NJD.
  • PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    Can't believe the day is finally here!!!! I am leaving London around noon and plan to be in Toronto around 2ish. Head to the 10C, pick up tickets, meet up with friends and head to the Moose for around 3.
    PJ Pook wrote:
    Can't believe the day is finally here!!!! I am leaving London around noon and plan to be in Toronto around 2ish. Head to the 10C, pick up tickets, meet up with friends and head to the Moose for around 3.

I'm leaving at around noon as well.

I'll be in the car blasting PJ tunes. :)
  • PJ23PJ23 Posts: 73
    Do we have to print anything off the internet to show the box office when we pick up our tickets? Or do we just have to show i.d. to get them?

Thanks.
    98: Barrie / 00: Toronto / 03: Buffalo, Toronto, Hershey / 04: Toledo / 06: Toronto I & II / 07: Lollapalooza / 09: Toronto / 10: Buffalo, New York I & II / 11: Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto, Hamilton / 13: London