Options

Jimi Hendrix: Gone 50 Years Today

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
edited September 2020 in Other Music
I've lost track of time lately and just heard it has been 50 years since Jimi Hendrix left this world.  50 years?!  That set me back on my heals a bit.
Music in general and particularly Jimi Hendrix music was an immeasurable relief from what was frequently a terribly boring, pointless couple of years in high school. Listening to AYE for the first time gave me shot after shot of every positive neurotransmitter my brain could produce. Jimi's music was an elixir, an antidote to despair, a secret doorway out of an world that I just did not fit well within. Finding Jimi's music felt extremely lucky to me, and having the opportunity to see him live twice was beyond luck- more like extreme good fortune.
R.I.P. with your sweet Angels, Jimi Hendrix  
Tears fall down.

November 27 1942  Jimi Hendrix was born  Life Music Media
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by brianlux on

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    Nicely said
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    “When I die just keep playing the records”
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    Man, that is GREAT you were able to see him, @brianlux.

Jimi Hendrix was one of the first I got into when I got out of the pop music stage in my life. I had an older brother who had Band Of Gypsys album that was my first introduction to Hendrix. I went on to buy as much Hendrix Albums that I could with my allowance. 

No thanks to his sister Janie there is ONLY audio on YouTube. She put a stop to a lot of Videos posted on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/Lw2L_vGUMtE
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Nice tribute, Brian. Jimi died before I was born yet it's still hard to believe it's been half a century since he left us. Grateful for the incandescent music he left behind.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    cutz said:
    Man, that is GREAT you were able to see him, @brianlux.

Jimi Hendrix was one of the first I got into when I got out of the pop music stage in my life. I had an older brother who had Band Of Gypsys album that was my first introduction to Hendrix. I went on to buy as much Hendrix Albums that I could with my allowance. 

No thanks to his sister Janie there is ONLY audio on YouTube. She put a stop to a lot of Videos posted on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/Lw2L_vGUMtE
    I was lucky to be the right age and in the right place at the right time!

Yeah, I have really mixed feelings about the Experience Hendrix organization but generally appreciate much of what they do.  They are very strict about protecting image and video usage, for sure.
    jjflash said:
    Nice tribute, Brian. Jimi died before I was born yet it's still hard to believe it's been half a century since he left us. Grateful for the incandescent music he left behind.
    Thank you, jj.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.