Options

Old Crow Medicine Show

riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
edited July 2012 in Other Music
Any other OCMS fans here? If not, I cannot recommend them enough! I have seen them live several times and they are by far one of the best live bands I've ever seen. I'm not really a bluegrass/newgrass/roots fan but they are amazing! And so nice! We took our kids to a bluegrass festival this weekend and were lucky enough to meet their singer/fiddle player before the show and he really took alot of time to talk to my kids and was kind enough to take pics with us even though it was about 106 degrees outside! They just started their summer tour and if they come near you I recommend that you check them out even if you don't like this type of music because if you appreciate good live bands who can play the shit out of their instruments you will not be disappointed. Ok, gushing over :D
Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Rock me mamma like a wagon wheel rock me mamma any way you feel heeeyyyy momma rock me
    :D
    Love listening to them on a summer day. I was blasting them at the pool this weekend
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,877
    yep... cool band.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,766
    Been listening to these guys since '03/'04-ish.

If you like these guys then check out Greensky Bluegrass.
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I effin love OCMS. This past February they played at a tribute concert for Warren Hellman (RIP) about a block from my house. It was shortly after Whitney died and they did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8RaEaxpU8A

BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    Big fan. Can't wait for the new rekkid. Two weeks!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I effin love OCMS. This past February they played at a tribute concert for Warren Hellman (RIP) about a block from my house. It was shortly after Whitney died and they did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8RaEaxpU8A

Yes - I loved that!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Big fan. Can't wait for the new rekkid. Two weeks!

Me too! Already ordered - I think they said new record coming out at least 10 times Saturday night!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    Did y'all watch "Big Easy Express?"
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Did y'all watch "Big Easy Express?"

No, haven't had a chance to check it out yet. But is is on my list of must-sees! Love Mumford as well - just scored tix to their show at Louisville's Waterfront in August.

I AM MINE
  • Options
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Stream the new album! Comes out next Tuesday and sounds great!

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/spinner#/3
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Stream the new album! Comes out next Tuesday and sounds great!

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/spinner#/3

Sweet!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I will be seeing OCMS on August 23. I just bought Remedy and have listened to it a couple of times. Really looking forward to the show at Fontanel near Nashville.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Remedy's definitely better than Carry Me Back.

Seein' them Friday night at Fest here in Philly. 3 cases of beer, a handle of 2 Stars bourbon (what terrible marketing company came up with that name?), and surely cannot forget the giant jug of Old Crow we have as well.

Gonna be a helluva night....
  • Options
    Remedy is great. Their best in quite a while.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Also like said above.....listen to greensky bluegrass and the infamous stringdusters
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,877

Also like said above.....listen to greensky bluegrass and the infamous stringdusters

Damn good song…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJi2qOtecGY
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Didn't mention it before, but down at MMJ's Mexico trip I roomed with the drummer's? (I think it was)girlfriend. Don't ask...long story but she was super hot and super cool and from Nashville. Wagon Wheel was our go to senior year of college a few years ago and after massive amounts of drinking we started shooting the shit and she used to work for Water Wheel, Phish's equivalent of the PJ Wishlist foundation and turns out she was hookin' up with Trey for a little while a couple years back before he got arrested.

Needless to say I was way more star stuck when she brought up OCMS even though Phish is one of my favorite bands ever. But then again the OCMS brings back tons and tons of great memories. These guys are great.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Attaway77 said:

Damn good song…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJi2qOtecGY
    These guys are coming to Philly in September. Finally seeing them live...can't wait.
  • Options

Seein' them Friday night at Fest here in Philly. 3 cases of beer, a handle of 2 Stars bourbon (what terrible marketing company came up with that name?), and surely cannot forget the giant jug of Old Crow we have as well.

Sounds like a good time! I'm going with my husband and another couple - none of which really "let loose" and have fun anymore (we're all old but I still like to party). But I plan on having fun no matter.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Don't forget about railroad earth too
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Love RE
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options

Sounds like a good time! I'm going with my husband and another couple - none of which really "let loose" and have fun anymore (we're all old but I still like to party). But I plan on having fun no matter.

No kiddin? Did you guys camp the weekend? I hope you had the chance to because that's the heart of the weekend - total weird scene. And "old" is definitely not an excuse at this place, haha.

Sooooooo much whiskey. Head is swimmin in booze.

BTW, they killed it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

No kiddin? Did you guys camp the weekend? I hope you had the chance to because that's the heart of the weekend - total weird scene. And "old" is definitely not an excuse at this place, haha.

Sooooooo much whiskey. Head is swimmin in booze.

BTW, they killed it.
    Just now seeing your post. Sorry. We did not camp. No place to camp as far as I know. However, we got there very early and visited Pritchard's Distillery which is on the grounds. Then we tailgated a bit, and then hit the venue so we were primed. The show was great but stopped early due to a thunderstorm. They played a while even when lightning was way too close for my comfort so I had to hear Wagon Wheel from the parking lot. I think they played a bit too long after the storm moved in just because they were trying to get Wagon Wheel in knowing that everyone wanted to hear that.
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 401
    Live stream from the Ryman this Friday night with Willie Watson joining the band. I haven't been this excited in months.