PERRY MASON -HBO-

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
Anyone watch it?

I liked it despite it feeling disjointed and rushed at times. Kinda feel like it has the potential to be really good in subsequent seasons. 
chinese-happy.jpg

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    We really liked it as well.  Desperately hoping that we get more seasons as well.  I feel like the last part of the episode was a set up for future seasons.

It’s nice to have Matthew Rhys back on my tv, although every now and then he reminds me of Philip Jennings lol. I’ll be anxiously awaiting Kerri Russell to appear as a femme fatale in the future.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Perry Mason TV Series 19571966 - IMDb
    "Why yes, I do believe I have seen that show."

Ah, but the new one, no.  We'll have to wait for them on Netflix.  I hope it's as good as the old show!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I really liked it.  Found it to be clunky to start with, as well, but once it opened up the acting was good and I just love hard boiled LA stories.  I know he ends up as the lawyer but the courtroom scenes were some of the weakest parts, imo.
    Stephen Root is a-mazing.
    Really pretty much all of the actors were great.
    Wonder if it was written to be two more episodes or something?  Some areas where it seemed to be missing some story.

Hope there is more.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    It did get renewed for season two. Yeah I loved the acting and the scenery of old school LA was awesome. I found myself looking past a lot of stiff though. Like after EB died, they really rushed him to become a lawyer. The whole season felt like that up until the end. But I just feel like with this level of actors that it’s got tremendous potential. 

Really hope Sister Alice is involved in some way moving forward too...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Watched it. Loved it. Great acting and after the first episode or two it really took off. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    It did get renewed for season two. Yeah I loved the acting and the scenery of old school LA was awesome. I found myself looking past a lot of stiff though. Like after EB died, they really rushed him to become a lawyer. The whole season felt like that up until the end. But I just feel like with this level of actors that it’s got tremendous potential. 

Really hope Sister Alice is involved in some way moving forward too...
    Tatiana Maslany is an amazing actress. Did you ever watch Orphan Black. She was incredible playing 5 different parts.

Big ole bump. Hope yall are still watching. This is such a great show.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Did the new season start? 

I barely remember what happened in the first one its been so long. I know I liked it though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    We're 5 episodes in. Been fantastic so far.