Share with us some music that brings the world together.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
Share some music with us here that crosses over cultural lines, that creates a bridge between cultures, especially otherwise disparate cultures.  We are, after all, one race with many facets.

I'll start with a favorite, David Byrne and Brian Eno's spine tingling "Regiment":

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    https://youtu.be/fgWFxFg7-GU
    This works for me!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

cutz said:
    Cool!  These definitely bring it all together.  I had forgotten about these excellent montage pieces.  I was thinking of separate songs, but those really get the message across, for sure.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Yeah, anything from Playing for Change. 

Peter Gabriel is another. I’ll try to post something of his when I’m not on my phone. 
    Nick Lowe’s original is pretty great too :)
    Smellyman said:

Oh YEAH!  I can't believe I'd never seen this video before.  I love Elvis's version of this song SO MUCH! 

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Slane Castle Dublin Ireland 2001
    ONE

https://youtu.be/3QKUIe_bqAo

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    edited July 2020
    I wanted to go with him on this trip to Iraq but I found out about it too late. Michael Franti in Iraq taken from his documentary I Know I'm Not Alone.

https://youtu.be/zAIk1JHwhIo

Tolerance

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    You know, I think music by its very nature brings people together.

That two guys in India know Tool so well, cover it so well -
    https://youtu.be/6E1DkgUNfBc

How we can be connected to music written hundred of years ago in another country and lifetime (think Mozart, Bach, Beethoven).  Same with paintings, sculptures, writings...

All art is universal, and therefore binding.
    hedonist said:
    You know, I think music by its very nature brings people together.

That two guys in India know Tool so well, cover it so well -
    https://youtu.be/6E1DkgUNfBc

How we can be connected to music written hundred of years ago in another country and lifetime (think Mozart, Bach, Beethoven).  Same with paintings, sculptures, writings...

All art is universal, and therefore binding.

Wow!  That was great!  Everything about what they're doing- the guitars, the harmonies, the fine bass playing- just great!

Love what you said about art being "universal, and therefore binding".  Right on!

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    How about - Hit the Road, Jack? Or wasn't it David Allen Coe who sang 'The Asshole Song'? I mean, if it brings 96% of the world together, that's a high enough percentage isn't it?

Sorry, please don't let me trying to be a funny guy derail an otherwise good post by Brian.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11