What's the STRANGEST THING you ever seen?

2»

Comments

• Mr.WHYMr.WHY Posts: 90
    Wow
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Mr.WHY said:
    Wow
    Ever notice wow is mom upside down, man? 

Coincidence? I think not....

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Ever heard of  a real fake brick?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I once saw the guitar, bass and drums of the Jimi Hendrix Experience song, "One Rainy Wish" as vibrating geometrical patters of florescent colors moving in front of me through the darkened room- a different color for each instrument.  The shapes moved and shimmered with the music while Jimi's voice floated around the colors.  (I was not on acid.)  Love that song.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    I saw a baby drive a truck
    I saw a junkie eat a tuba
    I saw a stripper kiss a duck
    Behind a dumpster in Aruba
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited July 2020
    One evening whilst walking the dog along my usual route, a car suddenly stopped at a 45 degree angle screetching the breaks to a high pitch. A youngish man jumped out and ran past me very quickly holding a javlin like he was suddenly taking part in a competitive sport, that was really strange.
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
    Oh, I love both of those! Great job eeriePAdave and wcdreamgerl.
    I would've loved to have seen the Jimmy lights on acid, brianlux.

When I was a kid, I once  saw a grown man, and a little girl, who was obviously his daughter, about 12 yrs old or so. They were walking to the community pool, and when they got to the gate, the guy was having trouble with the latch. The girl explained how it worked and talked him through it. He looked so pleased with himself when he got it, and the daughter said, "Good job daddy, I'm so proud of you." It was a little sad, a little inspiring and as far as I'm concerned it was just beautiful. That was one of first the things in life that taught me you can't always take thigs for they seem to be. 
    Mr.WHY said:

When I was a kid, I once  saw a grown man, and a little girl, who was obviously his daughter, about 12 yrs old or so. They were walking to the community pool, and when they got to the gate, the guy was having trouble with the latch. The girl explained how it worked and talked him through it. He looked so pleased with himself when he got it, and the daughter said, "Good job daddy, I'm so proud of you." It was a little sad, a little inspiring and as far as I'm concerned it was just beautiful. That was one of first the things in life that taught me you can't always take thigs for they seem to be. 

The interesting thing, Mr.Why, is that I wasn't on acid.  I think I was having a synesthesia episode.  (Synesthesia is defined as "a neurological condition in which information meant to stimulate one of your senses stimulates several of your senses.")
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Mr.WHY said:

um, thanks although mine was from a Weird Al song :lol:  

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    My sincere apologies, I intended no insult to anyone. I was really impressed with what you said brianlux. I used to do a lot of acid when I was young. I miss those days, and those friends a lot. That's all. I'm working really hard on the last couple of posts to Eddie's tree. I was tired and trying to be in a rush and still show respect. I really don't understand why I'm so bent about it. I just haven't felt this good about anything in a long time. I'm not on acid or anything either, and I felt a bit misunderstood when the guessing which one it was started. I smoke a little weed now and then, but when I'm writing something like the ones I've posted, writing them was my drug. Life is my muse and I haven't felt much alive. So you see, I should've took the time to give you some solid feed back. I meant to convey that I was impressed because I would have needed acid to experience anything like that. Again I apologize, hope I haven't made anyone else feel bad. I feel like I've been trying so hard to "have a special moment",  that I missed it.
    Mr.WHY said:
    My sincere apologies, I intended no insult to anyone. I was really impressed with what you said brianlux. I used to do a lot of acid when I was young. I miss those days, and those friends a lot. That's all. I'm working really hard on the last couple of posts to Eddie's tree. I was tired and trying to be in a rush and still show respect. I really don't understand why I'm so bent about it. I just haven't felt this good about anything in a long time. I'm not on acid or anything either, and I felt a bit misunderstood when the guessing which one it was started. I smoke a little weed now and then, but when I'm writing something like the ones I've posted, writing them was my drug. Life is my muse and I haven't felt much alive. So you see, I should've took the time to give you some solid feed back. I meant to convey that I was impressed because I would have needed acid to experience anything like that. Again I apologize, hope I haven't made anyone else feel bad. I feel like I've been trying so hard to "have a special moment",  that I missed it.

No apologies needed, Mr.Why,  It's all good!

I've been a fan of Weird Al since I was 5, back when he had his radio show. When he did "Fish Heads" and "Another One Rides the Bus" 
    Thank you for sharing that.

I do have a hard time seeing the screen well enough sometimes, it's frustrating. 
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Somebody page Whispering Hands.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.