Wrigley Field 2013 show

Relive all the magic from that night with retellings of the massive weather delay, the merch hunt and the unforgettable setlist that made this night one of the most memorable in the band’s history. We’ll touch up on all 5 Wrigley shows this month and have more special guests to bring in along the way!

if you have a story from any of the Wrigley shows, send them in - liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• neutron baumneutron baum Posts: 294
    I enjoyed listening to this! It took me back to that time and helped me relive the experience.  Thank you, well done 
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 385
    I enjoyed listening to this! It took me back to that time and helped me relive the experience.  Thank you, well done 

I second that.
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    Thanks to you both!
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    I JUST told my wife last weekend I wanted to hear this version of Present Tense.......to see if it lives up to my memories.   I remember that song putting me in a daze that night right before the delay

Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Going to listen to this tonight actually! 
  • Chasing FootstepsChasing Footsteps Posts: 315
    edited July 2020
    That night could have been so much more spectacular if there would not have been a freaking delay. I feel the delay took something away from that night. Some think the delay actually added something special. F that! Waiting out that kind of delay at Wrigley was a mess!
    Post edited by Chasing Footsteps on
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    The only thing the delay took away from us that night was maybe another 7-10 songs depending on what rumors you believe. The rain delay only made the whole night that much more memorable as everyone (around us anyway) was in good spirits all things considered. 
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 449
    Guess that means it was 7 years ago tonight that we were enjoying our rooftop BBQ and sound check. 
    What a great weekend that was. Rain delay or not!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    I just wish they came on stage on time... especially know that the forecast was not looking good.   We could have got another hour of show in before the rain.  But I’m grateful they hung in there through the delay and came back out.  It was a memorable night for sure. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    edited July 2020
    The only thing the delay took away from us that night was maybe another 7-10 songs depending on what rumors you believe. The rain delay only made the whole night that much more memorable as everyone (around us anyway) was in good spirits all things considered. 
    We all know the energy that night at Wrigley had. It was all that was talked about on this board for 5 months. Based on the setlist shirt they would have played 41 songs, definitely a 3.5+ hour show was in the making. Baba, Rockin and YL to finish? It was a great show, playing until 2:15am will never happen again and I love that memory. Also my only time seeing Ernie Banks at Wrigley wearing his jersey!! 
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 212
    VAULT 10!
  • faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    I semi-agree that the delay took a little life out of it.......just remember when they got to Present Tense it felt like it was steam rolling to a huge night.   It was still a great show and still probably my favorite Wrigley show with 8-20-18 being a close second for me.   Funny how they are both rain delay shows.   
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Such a long day. Start out drinking beers in the hot sun. Then the start of the show and the delay. I stayed in my seat the whole time hoping not to get struck by lightning. Ran out right as show was ending to try to get a cab. No luck. Phone died and I had to walk 3 miles back to where I was staying. Totally worth it, of course!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.