Options

Back of Ed's shirt last night

1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
does anyone know what he was wearing?
I saw a Nazi sign with an X through it, but couldn't make out the words.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yea i was kinda wondering that too, but i wasnt close enuff to actually read what it said
    "Pussies no more"
    "Johnny we miss, Pete your still the greatest"
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    1vs5 wrote:

I can tell you exactly what it said:

Swastika inside a red circle with a red X crossing it out. Outside the circle it read "Stamp Out Gestapo Tactics".

It's a Plasmatics t-shirt. If I remember correctly they were sold back in the day at Plasmatics shows after Wendy Williams was arrested for indecent exposure and she felt she was mistreated by the cops.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    touringfan wrote:
    I can tell you exactly what it said:

Swastika inside a red circle with a red X crossing it out. Outside the circle it read "Stamp Out Gestapo Tactics".

It's a Plasmatics t-shirt. If I remember correctly they were sold back in the day at Plasmatics shows after Wendy Williams was arrested for indecent exposure and she felt she was mistreated by the cops.

he wore it at the astoria
  • Options
    janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    touringfan wrote:

Lame. I know this Wendy Williams story is old news but stuff like that reminds me of what Jon Stewart always says: Will people who disagree with administrations or authoritative figures please stop comparing them to Nazis? It's a tad dramatic.
  • Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    the swastika is actually an ancient hindu symbol.....that hitler switched up.....and claimed.....he really used the aryan vedic symbol as a weapon. i really find that offensive.....and to be frank.....i really didn't appreciate ed being so kinda of anti-religion.....i'm not christian and jewish, but i really respect people's connection to god, despite how contorted religion gets; is forced; results in war kinda of stuff.
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    1vs5 wrote:

Plasmatics - probably worn in 3-4 time already this year. Love our Ed recycles the same 5-10 t-shirts. Sisters of Mercy anyone?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Abner11Abner11 Posts: 67
    Doesn't he have a Dead Kennedy's shirt that has an "X" through a swastika that reads "Nazi Punks F$#K OFF" as well?
    10/96 Hartford, 9/98 Hartford, 7/03 Mansfield I, 9/04 Boston I, 5/06 Boston I (Best crowd to date)
  • Options
    pic of that dead kennedys shirt????
    thanks
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08