Options

The Gratitude Thread

West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
edited June 2020 in All Encompassing Trip
Using images or words what kind of things do you feel grateful for?

Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    My sister gave my wife and I "Gratitude Jars" few years ago.  She tastefully decorated a couple of jars and gave us little mini pads of paper and small pencils.  Whenever we feel grateful for something, we write a little note on the paper and put it in the jar.   I'm not really generally into rituals like this but I like the gratitude jar.  It helps rein in my inner curmudgeon! 

Today I'm grateful for discovering a short half-mile walk we hadn't been on before along Weber Creek outside Placerville today.  I didn't take a camera so this isn't the exact location, but it looks a lot like this:

Northwest Biological Consulting - Sediment Removal  Stream
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Morning Brian,   

Thank you for sharing the photo, the place in Weber Creek looks so tranquil, what a lovely place to go for a walk!

As for the Gratitude Jar - what a wonderful idea!  We have plenty of spare jars for recycling and can write down each thing we're grateful for, using post it's. I can decorate the jars with pretty ribbons and colour coordinate post it's with contrasting colours too! :D I think you've just made my day today (it's also my birthday! ♡)

Thank you @brianlux I feel grateful to you for sharing x 

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    Morning Brian,   

Thank you for sharing the photo, the place in Weber Creek looks so tranquil, what a lovely place to go for a walk!

As for the Gratitude Jar - what a wonderful idea!  We have plenty of spare jars for recycling and can write down each thing we're grateful for, using post it's. I can decorate the jars with pretty ribbons and colour coordinate post it's with contrasting colours too! :D I think you've just made my day today (it's also my birthday! ♡)

Happy Bday, Dreamgirl. Have a great day!! 🥳🥳🎈🎈🎂
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,546

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    Morning Brian,   

My pleasure, Dreamgirl.  Thank you for reminding us to be grateful! 

And Happy Birthday!!! :joy:
    :smile: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,777
    I'm grateful that my sister gave me her airline miles as a birthday present in 2003 to go to the Bridge shows.  It was a game changer, life changer.  I could write a novel about how that trip changed the course of my life.  I am forever grateful.  
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ayanna Pressley op-ed:

Right now, our communities are facing a crisis within a crisis, trauma layered upon trauma. In the midst of an unprecedented public health crisis, we have also reached a moment of national reckoning about police brutality, systemic racism, and legislated injustice. In this moment of profound hurt and anger, when so many of us are grieving the loved ones we have been collectively robbed of — it would be easy to feel defeated and disillusioned. But, now more than ever, I find hope in the organizers, community builders, and activists who have taken to the streets (and the halls of power) to demand an end to the violence inflicted on Black and brown communities for hundreds of years, and to tear down the institutions that perpetuate injustice and oppression. And I find hope in the front-line workers who selflessly care for the sick, and who do the work of supporting our communities throughout this harrowing pandemic.

So, I want to express the deepest gratitude to all those who have put their own health — and that of their families — on the line in defense of our communities. Not only to our front-line health care workers and first responders, but to the grocery store workers, transit drivers, home health aides, custodians, security workers, hospitality workers, and others — primarily women, immigrants, and people of color — who work day in and day out to keep our communities going. And let’s be clear: Although some people may just be waking up to the fact, these folks have always been essential.

And to those who have organized and marched and demanded, never doubt that your voices and your advocacy are the roots of transformative change. For too long, Black and brown bodies have been profiled, surveilled, policed, lynched, choked, brutalized and murdered at the hands of police. We will say their names and carry forward the mantle of accountability and justice, in our communities, in our states, and in our country. This is our movement, it will not be co-opted, and we will continue to organize, mobilize, and legislate for change.

So thank you. Thank you for your tireless work, your advocacy, and your commitment to healing our communities. Together, we will continue to fight for the critical protections workers need and deserve to do their jobs safely and provide for their families, and we will not rest until no one lives in fear of simply showing up in the world as they are.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    edited June 2020
    first thing I thought of when I saw this thread, :smile:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    first thing I thought of when I saw this thread, :smile:

Of course. The thread’s called Gratitude....and that’s right!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    @MF117973 @Ledbetterman10 @tish @brianlux Cheers for the birthday greetings guys, even though I only just picked these messages up I'm still feeling the extended birthday vibes xxx

@PureandEasy @dankind wow!
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited July 2020
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on