Options

Pearl Jam's Backspacer (Vinyl) reissue March 27th

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,716

Barcode 804879169413
REPUBLIC LP
Catalogue B001926901

Monkeywrench/Republic records is making the classic Pearl Jam album "Backspacer" available to all retailers for the very first time!  Originally released on September 20th 2009, the album contains 11 tracks including the hit single "The Fixer". Since their inception in 1991, Pearl Jam has sold more than 60 million albums worldwide. The band has released nine studio albums, five live albums, hundreds of live concert bootlegs, one double-disc b-side record, one double-disc greatest hits record and five live DVDs. In 2011, Pearl Jam celebrated their 20th anniversary with a special concert weekend at Alpine Valley, WI followed by the release of Cameron Crowe's film, Pearl Jam Twenty, along with an accompanying book and soundtrack of the same name.

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    Lets hope an hd version to follow
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:
    Lets hope an hd version to follow

Crossing fingers! Only album that hasn't been put out in 24Bit Flac.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Bump! :)

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    is there enough demand for this to warrant a reissue?
    I had a stack of these, I bought I think 10 when they were on sale for $10 when it was new. Was going to use it as some decor at that price. About a year ago I tried to sell them for $25 on here and only sold 1 I think.
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    demetrios said:
    Bump! :)

it's alive.  I'd definitely get the album if the picture moved like this. 
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited February 2020
    It probably doesn't matter....but.....why would they release it the same that that Gigaton is being released?  Something seems odd about this....you can still by the original on amazon for $17.....no mention of the US reprint.  Just on the Canadian Amazon site...
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • Options
    Available in a week.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,292
    It probably doesn't matter....but.....why would they release it the same that that Gigaton is being released?  Something seems odd about this....you can still by the original on amazon for $17.....no mention of the US reprint.  Just on the Canadian Amazon site...
    Same thing happened when Lightning Bolt came out
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    Can anybody tell me if there's any difference between the 1st pressing of Backspacer from 2009, and the reissued Backspacer, in either the packaging or in sound?
    Discogs doesn't seem to have the reissue in it's system.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,292
    3 for the price of 2 deal
    https://amzn.to/3b6LWyt
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 94
    edited June 2020
    ChrisdM said:
    Can anybody tell me if there's any difference between the 1st pressing of Backspacer from 2009, and the reissued Backspacer, in either the packaging or in sound?
    Discogs doesn't seem to have the reissue in it's system.
    Someone can correct me if they have more info.
    From what I'm seeing (and hearing), they are exactly the same. It seems more like a repress than a reissue. Even shares the same UPC.
    Therefore, I wouldn't pay any extra for a 2009 1st pressing of the black vinyl.
    Post edited by DKedzie on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    Were these pressed at a different plant?