Options

zero fade outs on Gigaton...

beano.79beano.79 Posts: 643
Hi guys,

I was a member here a long time ago (different username) , up until around Avacado. I have returned just to get in on discussing the new record... so many tracks on past albums would fade out just as they are getting interesting, but not on Gigaton and its fantastic.

Comments

• Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 897
    It’s one of the things that makes it the best album in almost 20 years. The songs have room to breathe. Songs like Who Ever Said turn from pretty good to great when there’s that space to grow.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,366
    Agreed.  It also helps since they actually know how to end the song at the show, lol.
  • Options
    KN219077 said:
    It’s one of the things that makes it the best album in almost 20 years. The songs have room to breathe. Songs like Who Ever Said turn from pretty good to great when there’s that space to grow.
    exactly...When I heard Never destination, after the solo-chorus...I thought to myself this is going to fade out now...I could almost hear it...but instead we get the whole gaping maw part, verse/chorus and a cool outro....and the song feels complete.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Agreed, however I do think Dance of the Clairvoyants should have faded out with the spacey, trippy ending and fade into Quick Escape somehow, that would have been pretty cool. Other than that, I agree - and welcome back!
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    release00release00 Posts: 342
    Retrograde should’ve been an extra 90 seconds long with a fade out 
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    release00 said:
    Retrograde should’ve been an extra 90 seconds long with a fade out 
    providing it was longer to allow a fade I'd have no issue with that...and fade outs in general..providing the song has reached its conclusion first...sometimes a fade has a nice effect... But very frustrating when a fade begins just as a song starts to really kick.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    great observation!!