John Lydon's Anger Is an Energy: My Life Uncensored

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
Check it out Rotten fans! It's been out a while (first published on October 9, 2014) and I just caught up with it and though I'm not all that far into it but already totally engrossed. Lydon is honest, sometimes brash but always forthright, charming, opinionated, outrageous, funny as hell, and overflowing with great stories. Loving it!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Have you read his first book? I wonder how much the new one differs.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Yes, Joe, I did read Lydon's first book, Rotten; No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs. It was great also. Much of the first book is interspersed with comments from other people. This new one is more detailed and rather conversational. My guess (and this is just a guess) is that, like a lot of these kinds of biographies, much of it was probably transcribed tapes of Lydon talking. But he is such a great story teller I don't find that a problem at all. Reading the book is like sitting down an listening to all these cry stories. Good stuff!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Reading Lydon's book really got me back into listening to the Sex Pistols. Bollocks is such a great.

Speaking of John Lydon, I just found this the other day. Happened earlier this year in Chile. Brutal! But Lydon finished the gig anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCHL4GwosUg

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Checked out the book today. So far I've only had a chance to check out the pictures. Even the photo captions are funny. Can't wait to read this book!! Thank you, brianlux.

Checked out the book today. So far I've only had a chance to check out the pictures. Even the photo captions are funny. Can't wait to read this book!! Thank you, brianlux.

It's excellent, OffSheGoes. Anything I can thing of to say about the book and Mr. Lydon himself would sound totally fanboy. I can't help it! Such a misunderstood man. I laughed, I marveled, I even shed tears at a few points. Just marvelous!

In this book, Lydon talks about his close and long standing relationship with his wife Nora Forester.  Lydon is now full-time caretaking Nora due to her having Alzheimer's.  Good man, Mr. Lydon!