Options

Daily Humanity - Did it touch You?

myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
edited June 2020 in A Moving Train
Please post something you saw that made you stop and believe in humanity. 

I've had the privilege to meet some of the greatest people in my personal and professional life associated with Pearl Jam. Had the privilege of traveling to Europe and meeting like minded people that have become long time friends. 

Okay...  I recently had one of those friends send me this image that's circulating on Social media -  It was from GREECE....

He said that seeing American's of all colors in the streets peacefully protesting together has inspired more than we realize... Now seeing the images from around the world... Paris, London, Berlin..etc... 

This made me tear up and believe in Humanity... 

PEACE !!!!! 

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

Post edited by myoung321 on

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    I don't know this young man but he is from our county.  His name is Evan Ishima.  Evan died recently when he and another friend attempted to save two other people caught in the rapid spring waters of the swift moving Cosumnes River here in El Dorado  County.  His friend survived but Evan and the other two did not.  Evan and was found under the two victims.  It is believed he was trying two push the other two people up to the surface.   People like Evan give me hope for humanity at a time when that can be difficult to do.  R. I. P. Evan Ishima.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    myoung321 said:

I've had the privilege to meet some of the greatest people in my personal and professional life associated with Pearl Jam. Had the privilege of traveling to Europe and meeting like minded people that have become long time friends. 

Okay...  I recently had one of those friends send me this image that's circulating on Social media -  It was from GREECE....

He said that seeing American's of all colors in the streets peacefully protesting together has inspired more than we realize... Now seeing the images from around the world... Paris, London, Berlin..etc... 

PEACE !!!!! 

Seeing other countries join Americans made me cry.....half giving me hope that things change and the rest of my tears for how bad things are everywhere and should we give up hope? 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    myoung321 said:

PEACE !!!!! 

The Anarchy symbol posted in that message gives you hope?  I don't get it.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    This gives me hope and I posted it on my social media account.
    https://youtu.be/qur7lONoqQU
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    edited June 2020
    Today I was taking a walk and saw a couple walking a very young, super cute puppy. As they were walking past a homeless man he said something about the puppy. The couple stopped and let the homeless man hold the puppy. It was wagging its tail and licking the guys face and climbing over him. The homeless man had such a look of joy when the puppy was licking his face. It made me tear up a bit. Puppies 😍. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    MF117973 said:
    Today I was taking a walk and saw a couple walking a very young, super cute puppy. As they were walking past a homeless man he said something about the puppy. The couple stopped and let the homeless man hold the puppy. It was wagging its tail and licking the guys face and climbing over him. The homeless man had such a look of joy when the puppy was licking his face. It made me tear up a bit. Puppies 😍. 
    Great story. Puppies are the absolute best.