Pearl Jam Radio's Boot Camp

2»

Comments

• dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    Mystery remains who was behind the low quality “imports” in the early 90s that went for $30-40 each.  Someone made some coin off of that.  I know I have a dozen or so and they helped cement PJ as my band of choice.  Even at low quality, the band live was awesome!  
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    NewJPage said:
    PB11041 said:
    This put the nail in the coffin on MSG 1998.  The entire show was not recorded in multi track.  There would only be a main board feed.  It is not going to be a Vault ever.
    I didn't listen but I suppose it's possible still. Soldier field was released as a vault without having multitracks for the whole thing. Do they have part of it recorded? Or maybe they could start another series of releases like the dead do. Dave picks are not multitracks shows.
    There was not a second of MSG 1998 recorded due to union fee rights.  Unless Brett is just making stuff up which I highly doubt.  Specifically said that Montreal and MSG were not recorded to his multi track rig.  The Vault Solider Field is multi track for the vinyl. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

Step Into Pearl Jam Radio’s Boot Camp And Hear Classic Live Material On Demand

For two decades, Pearl Jam has been at the forefront of releasing live “bootlegs” for the fan base. They paved the way for audiences to be able to get high-level recordings of their shows, with multiple sets even hitting the Billboard charts over the years.

Take a look back on twenty years of official Pearl Jam live recordings on Pearl Jam Radio. Rob Bleetstein interviews members of Pearl Jam’s audio crew and fans from the old tape trading community on the evolution of Pearl Jam Bootlegs throughout the years to commemorate 20 years of their official bootleg series.

Hear Pearl Jam Radio’s Boot Camp On Demand now and at the time below:

Friday, May 29th at 5 pm ET
    Saturday, May 30th at 10 am and 10 pm ET
    Sunday, May 31st at 7 pm ET

Listen live to Pearl Jam Radio

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Boise 2000 gets no love :(   I felt a little sad when they mentioned no one was was buying Boise.  One of my all time favourite shows that we only attended because Portland had (temporarily) been cancelled so transferred our tickets to the next closest show. 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    I’d love/appreciate a link. Thank you!
    rummy said:
    I’d love/appreciate a link. Thank you!

You got it!
  • edited May 2020
    Zod said:
    Boise 2000 gets no love :(   I felt a little sad when they mentioned no one was was buying Boise.  One of my all time favourite shows that we only attended because Portland had (temporarily) been cancelled so transferred our tickets to the next closest show. 
    I remember buying each leg of the tour when they came out, and for sure Boise was easily one of the best shows. I think it has one of the ape man logos chosen by the band. 
    looking to hear of the earth
     :) 
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    Would love a link here too please @demetrios

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Thanks to this episode I now know how to properly pronounce “Katowice.” (I’m such a simpleton).
    Next repeat Friday, May 29th at 5 pm ET.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Zod said:
    In the day and age when most stores couldn't be bothered to stock cd's, I'm even more in awe of that time Pearl Jam thought it was a good idea to release 72 live albums in stores at the same time :)
    Sony felt retail would be pissed if they were sidestepped.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    demetrios said:

Great listen: thanks
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    rummy said:
    Thanks to this episode I now know how to properly pronounce “Katowice.” (I’m such a simpleton).
    When I met some girls from Poland at the Berlin show in 2010, that was one of the first things I asked ! 
    edited June 2020
    demetrios said:

Hear Pearl Jam Radio’s Boot Camp On Demand now 

Boot Camp SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio May 22nd 2020