Matt Cameron's solo album Cavedweller

14567810»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

• Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    edited January 2019
    Got mine today, excited to listen to it. 

Saw this right away in the dead wax. Very cool. 

Is "For Chris" etched only on black vinyl?
    Post edited by Air23 on
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372

This is the one i got.  
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel

This is the one i got.  
    Sweet score! 
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Air23 said:
    Got mine today, excited to listen to it. 

Saw this right away in the dead wax. Very cool. 

Is "For Chris" etched only on black vinyl?
    also in the blue/white split.  I'm assuming it's in all versions.

Matt Cameron - Cavedweller

Cavedweller is the solo record from Matt Cameron, Grammy Award winning drummer for Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. Matt played drums and bass on a select few tracks on the album, sang vocals and wrote and produced the album. Cameron then assembled an all-star cast of friends to bring Cavedweller to life, including Bowies drummer Mark Giuliana and the albums bassist Tim Lefebvre.

Notes by Scott Hull

scott-hull-turntablejpg

This record sounds fucking awesome. Sorry for the "language" but it's true. How this record was made to sound this way in 2018 is a mystery to me. Hats off to the production (Matt) and recording and mix engineers ( John and Josh).

Why does is sound so good? It was made like a record would have been made 20 years ago. It’s Full of analog energy and professionally crafted sounds. And it isn't shouting all the way. It takes you on a journey.

I hear rock records all day, and this one always sounds great. But, you have to hear the vinyl to hear what i’m talking about. The digital version of this album is great, and it sounds a lot like any good rock record. But the vinly screams 1990 to my ears. Seattle had a sound and the world was just hearing it on the big stage.

Drums, of course, are great on this record—epic! But I love how the guitars fit together. This is a record I just put on the turntable, turn up, sit back, and listen ( picture the Maxell Tape add from many years ago). If you don’t agree I’ll buy the record back from you :)

The Masterdisk Review

mattcameronjpg

I’m always surprised when drummers release solo albums. To be clear, this is not because of any snobbishness on my part, but rather because all the drummers I know are in demand all the damn time, so I can’t imagine where they’d find the bandwidth to put together a whole album. I’m just a bassist and I’m lucky if I can get to the gym.

Case in point: The songwriting for Cavedweller, the first release from the very-much-in-demand Matt Cameron, began way back in the ‘80s shortly after Cameron moved to Seattle. ‘Cavedweller’ was the moniker under which Cameron produced his first songs before putting his own music aside to begin a thirty-year career with Soundgarden and later Pearl Jam, with whom he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Cameron produced Cavedweller himself, and he handles vocal and guitar duties, enlisting bassist Tim Lefebvre (one of my lafavorite bassists, if you will) and drummer Mark Giuliana after hearing their work on David Bowie’s final album, Blackstar. The result is a thoroughly modern rock album that reveals its influences without being defined by them. This is no chronicle; none of these songs screams ‘I wrote this in my first apartment in Seattle in 1983,’ so what we’re hearing is both old and new ideas that have been filtered and refined over the course of Cameron’s career. In that sense, Cavedweller succeeds in revealing that Cameron’s greatest talent may not even be his drumming, but rather his ability to listen.

Before Matt Cameron became a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and drummer for two of historys most impactful rock bands, he cut a handful of solo songs on Seattle cassette compilations under the name Cavedweller in the 1980's. Matt had recently relocated from his native San Diego to Seattle and introduced himself to the seminal scene he would eventually serve as a cornerstone member. So, it feels apropos that the singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and world-renowned drummer would adopt Cavedweller as the title of his 2017 solo debut.

🎉Celebrating the 3 year anniversary today of some great records! Congrats to @themattcameron of @pearljam & @soundgarden for 3 years of #Cavedweller, @counterpartsband for 3 years of #YoureNotYouAnymore & @amberrun for 3 years of their Acoustic EP 🙌 Stream the records or buy on physical at the ‘Anniversaries’ 🔗 in our bio.

⚠️TODAY ONLY SALE on Matt Cameron ‘Cavedweller’ tapes on the @dinealonestore: Purple Tinted Cassette Tape (limited edition of 100 for #rsdblackfriday 2017). The vinyl is long sold out, but we have a small quantity of tapes left for only $7...get ‘em before they’re gone too!

Thanks to you guys for always supporting ♥️

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i just bought that vinyl from the 10C shop a couple weeks ago. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Great album
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Great album
    Indeed! Can't wait to hear his new album coming soon. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited September 2020
    demetrios said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Great album
    :open_mouth: Is there a new MC album in progress?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Great album
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7192343#Comment_7192343

B) 

demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Great album

B) 

Nice! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Great album

B) 

Nice! :smiley:

• demetrios said:

Matt Cameron - Cavedweller

Cavedweller is the solo record from Matt Cameron, Grammy Award winning drummer for Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. Matt played drums and bass on a select few tracks on the album, sang vocals and wrote and produced the album. Cameron then assembled an all-star cast of friends to bring Cavedweller to life, including Bowies drummer Mark Giuliana and the albums bassist Tim Lefebvre.

Notes by Scott Hull

scott-hull-turntablejpg

This record sounds fucking awesome. Sorry for the "language" but it's true. How this record was made to sound this way in 2018 is a mystery to me. Hats off to the production (Matt) and recording and mix engineers ( John and Josh).

Why does is sound so good? It was made like a record would have been made 20 years ago. It’s Full of analog energy and professionally crafted sounds. And it isn't shouting all the way. It takes you on a journey.

I hear rock records all day, and this one always sounds great. But, you have to hear the vinyl to hear what i’m talking about. The digital version of this album is great, and it sounds a lot like any good rock record. But the vinly screams 1990 to my ears. Seattle had a sound and the world was just hearing it on the big stage.

Drums, of course, are great on this record—epic! But I love how the guitars fit together. This is a record I just put on the turntable, turn up, sit back, and listen ( picture the Maxell Tape add from many years ago). If you don’t agree I’ll buy the record back from you 

^^^ This is fact. Finally got around to buying this on vinyl... 
    What a great album.  Sounds fantastic on wax. MFC is the man. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    A fantastic record, listen to this one regularly! Definitely enjoying Josh Evan’s touch on all the music coming out of PJ land these days. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Would love to have another MC solo record! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • the dude played liz reed with ttb. thats gotta count for something  ;)

• evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    That's a rad video and classic 90's tune. I'll be honest, I haven't given Cavedweller the attention I need to. Time to soak my blood in it. 
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!