Options

2020 Fundraise Your Way - Mike McCready

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,736

Mike McCready's Story

As an IBD patient, I have had days where I can barely get out of bed, let alone trying to perform on stages around the world in Pearl Jam.

Since I first spoke publicly about my disease in 2003, I have tried to be extremely open about my disease and the journey I've had. It hasn’t always been easy, as I've had accidents during concerts, been on numerous medications, have dealt with the stress of touring, and much more. But throughout it all, I've found one constant- the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation.

I've been a national spokesperson for the Foundation for years, hosting annual fundraisers, and sharing my story through the media. Along with my wife Ashley, we have participated in Team Challenge and spin4 Crohn’s & Colitis Cures, and visited with the children at Camp Oasis many times. Additionally, I've been heavily involved with the Northwest Chapter and its annual luncheon, during which the McCready Family Award is presented to an individual or family who has made an exceptional impact on the fight against IBD and/or IBD patients.

I recognize and appreciate that everyone has been impacted by COVID-19 in many different ways. For those who have the means, I ask that you join me in making a contribution to the foundation that helps so many with IBD. I'd like to thank everyone for the years of support.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,736
    Talking IBD with Mike McCready

Mike McCready, lead guitarist for Pearl Jam, sits down with Michael Osso, President & CEO of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, to discuss his journey with Crohn’s disease, how he’s coping during the COVID-19 pandemic, and much more. To learn more about Mike’s IBD journey and support his fundraiser for the Foundation, visit www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/mike.