Options

Changes in Shows in the Future.

pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
edited April 2020 in Other Music
What lengths will you go once this madness calms down and shows resume in some capacity to see a show? And what changes do you see coming? 

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Changes in Shows in the Future. 22 votes

Whatever it takes. I’m there!!!
50%
jwhjr17Hawk123ComeToTXScreaming TreeTim SimmonsRD171825CO278952eeriepadavetino_11drakeheuer14JojoRice 11 votes
I’ll wear a mask. For certain bands only
9%
jeff2040NSL 2 votes
No mask for me. No more shows until completely normal again.
27%
lastexit78LukinFanpearljammr78eddiechihobibobbiggs 6 votes
Concerts will never be the same again.
13%
RobbyD462rgambsSmsmartins18 3 votes
Post edited by pearljammr78 on

Comments

• Options

I see the end of general admission shows. Seats and more of a crowd control thing. Masks for sure. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    I don't see concerts of any kind occurring until this is under control. This question doesn't consider security, concessions or bathroom lines. Too many variables, and too many folks on substances to maintain order. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    After Bataclan and the massive Vegas horror, now this...
    Not saying we won't go to shows ever again, but PJ is the only band that will ever be important enough to draw us into a large show.  We will probably go back to seeing killer acts like Billy Strings, Greensky Bluegrass, Amos Lee, Railroad Earth, etc...but those are small shows and it won't be happening for a long time.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    It's going to depend what the circumstances are:

1) If they try to do big concerts while the virus is still roaming free.  I'm not sure about that.   A large concert would be a breading ground for the virus.  I don't think GA via reserved is going to do much.  Your so close to so many people.   I'd probably think twice about going if I wasn't immune.

2) If the virus is licked and it's non a issue.  Then I won't care.  I'll go.   Complete non-issue.

Unless we change the strategy from "flatten the curve" to "let's achieve herd immunity through infection" I don't see how big gatherings can occur.   I'm not entirely against the latter, but if our governments keep trying to flatten the curve, large gatherings are one of the worst things that can one can do in that regard.
  • Options
    i hope for some summer outdoor shows, where social distancing is practiced, in a cannabis friendly state.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Gone are the days where you can have 20 000 sweaty people all packed together having fun.
    You think tickets are expensive and hard to get now.Wait till they only allow say 3000 people into the same facility.
    Only the rich and the bots will be able to attend these shows lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,931
    That’s not gonna happen. 
  • Options
    i hope for some summer outdoor shows, where social distancing is practiced, in a cannabis friendly state.
    Speaking of cannabis friendly. Happy 4/20. Lol
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    RobbyD462 said:
    Gone are the days where you can have 20 000 sweaty people all packed together having fun.
    You think tickets are expensive and hard to get now.Wait till they only allow say 3000 people into the same facility.
    Only the rich and the bots will be able to attend these shows lol
    Darn bots!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    I would wear a mask to a concert. There are some pretty cool ones out there now.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    masks are the new best merch?? who would have thought. we are truly f'd...and i am addictaed to live shows so im super f'd rite now...
    i want a show specific pj high quality mask. take my f'n money! i will line up for dayz for one and paying hundreds of quid!!!!! home made tie-dye soft light cotton custom masks from the street venfor who sells purple cabbage veggie rolls...im way in on that  :)