Options

So, how was your Easter Holiday?

Obviously it was a little strange and different, Im guessing, for all of us. Usually go to my mommy-in-laws to celebrate. This year it was just the wife and I. We did watch a church service on local TV. Im not a religious man, but I found the service to be nice and I guess uplifting? We made a lovely dinner of prime rib, mashed taters, and corn. Also managed to bake a cake. We finally were able to sit down and watch Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker. I thought that movie was OUTSTANDING, and now I don't understand all the negative comments I have read over the last 6 months.

Anyway, we made the best of the situation.

How was your Holiday?

Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    It didn’t feel like Easter at all. Usually the whole family including my grandparents would meet at my parents‘ house. Instead I spent 4 days alone, sitting on my balcony reading and enjoying the sun in the park. At least that was something 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Easter?  I hardly knew her!

We don't observe it, but it was nice knowing many did in their own way.

Whatever brings peace, comfort, something positive right now...I'm all for it.

(the meal sounds fantastic, by the way)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    It was pretty odd, to be honest. We usually spend the day with family & it was upsetting that we couldn't do that this year. My wife is a pastor and they've been live streaming to an empty church for the last few weeks & I know that's tough on her.

We had a nice Easter brunch at home & the weather was cold & rainy all day, so we stayed in with our pup and just hung out. Then we FaceTimed with our families, which was nice.

Be well out there, Mike.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Believe it or not, we took the whole weekend off and stayed home.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    We did what we usually do here at home, but did not go out.  

Church was online. 

Baskets and eggs still got hidden. (Yes, we all get baskets.  That's how we roll.)

Ham, roasted potatoes, carrots and rolls for lunch and dinner.  Finishing up the leftover ham today in some sort of noodly stir fry thing. 

We watched 80's movies.  Lucas, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Twister.  (That last one is 90's, but my daughter and I refused Dream A Little Dream and One Crazy Summer.)  Tonight?  Lost Boys.  

We had a nice day together. Texted with family. FaceTime with the in-laws.  We're all healthy and just hanging out.  Can't complain.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Strawberry rhubarb crisp.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Church was online. 

Baskets and eggs still got hidden. (Yes, we all get baskets.  That's how we roll.)

Ham, roasted potatoes, carrots and rolls for lunch and dinner.  Finishing up the leftover ham today in some sort of noodly stir fry thing. 

We watched 80's movies.  Lucas, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Twister.  (That last one is 90's, but my daughter and I refused Dream A Little Dream and One Crazy Summer.)  Tonight?  Lost Boys.  

We had a nice day together. Texted with family. FaceTime with the in-laws.  We're all healthy and just hanging out.  Can't complain.
    One Crazy Summer is the absolute best movie on that list. You and your daughter are missing out!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:

Church was online. 

One Crazy Summer is the absolute best movie on that list. You and your daughter are missing out!
    M watched it without us. I made it about 10 minutes in. He loves it though. He would completely agree. 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Jason P said:

Me too
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:

Church was online. 

M watched it without us. I made it about 10 minutes in. He loves it though. He would completely agree. 
    I still have no idea what the hell happens in Dream a Little Dream
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Went to my daughter's house and visited with some family. Easter egg hunt for the grandkids. Ham for dinner.

Different from recent years because usually the daughter, grandson and I go hiking and have ham sandwiches on the trail.
    #FHP
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I got to see my father for the first time in almost a month.  We met and social distanced at the cemetery where my brother is buried.  I had made a ham on Saturday and I left some for him on the top of his car and he left me some Easter candy on top of mine.  My dad is 86, although a very healthy 86. But I've been going to work everyday so I just can't risk any close contact.  So my Easter was actually better than I thought it would be.  :)
  • Options
    It's good to hear that you saw your dad. Ham for candy isn't a bad exchange. 

Meeting at the cemetery to be there for each other is a good thing. Glad that you both had that opportunity. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I bet he was happy as hell to see you! Despite the circumstances...
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I bet he was happy as hell to see you! Despite the circumstances...
    deadendp said:
    It's good to hear that you saw your dad. Ham for candy isn't a bad exchange. 

Meeting at the cemetery to be there for each other is a good thing. Glad that you both had that opportunity. 

He was, since it was Easter, there were more people than expected at the cemetery.  My dad made a comment to another visitor, 'it's a terrible thing when you can't hug your own daughter."  Bringing tears to my eyes right now.  And deadendp, yeah, I agree, not a bad exchange indeed.  Of course, as only dad can do, he brought me my favorite, which is anything that involves chocolate and coconut.  
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2020
    Couldnt travel to be with my parents so we stayed in.  Grilled burgers and hot dogs.   Had an egg hunt and we hid a Nintendo Switch game amongst the eggs.  The look on my kids face was easily worth the $60. 
  • Options
    Couldnt travel to be with my parents so we stayed in.  Grilled burgers and hot dogs.   Had an egg hunt and we hid a Nintendo Switch game amongst the eggs.  The look on my kids face was easily worth the $60. 
    That is awesome, as hard as this whole situation is on adults, it's got to be terrifying to kids.  I'm happy you could bring a smile to your kids.  
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    Believe it or not, we took the whole weekend off and stayed home.
    You need some down time every once in a while...good to have the weekend off to get rested for your upcoming busy schedule...oh wait...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…